Funny question

<p>I know this is something that would only interest a diehard sports fan like me, but do freshman Miami football players and other athletes have to live in Hecht and Stanford like everyone else?</p>

<p>I don’t remember them there on visits, however my S’s sophomore year, I remember them in Pearson and Mahoney.</p>

<p>I think its Mahoney, I’m not sure though</p>

<p>Athletes live in mahoney for the most part. there are athletes on my floor but they are guys on track and they don’t look like “division 1 athletes”</p>

<p>If you’re a big sports fan…you may be disappointed by Miami a little. i say “a little”</p>

<p>Im a huge sports fan and to be honest not that many ppl like sports here. football games are fun but its not like Big ten/SEC football…It sucks our stadium is far from campus</p>

<p>Also basketball is fun (arena is on campus) but no one cares about it here.
Baseball is awesome but again no one cares abt it here…</p>

<p>So dont make your decision SOLELY on sports…bc if you only want sports tailgating and stuff your best bets are texas, unc, michigan, ohio st, notre dame, florida, fsu etc</p>

<p>HOWEVER…i do have a bunch of football players in one of my classes (a small one) and its really easy to see them/meet them</p>

<p>Haha thanks for the info. Unless I get into USC, I’m going to Miami next year. I know the support for sports is pretty weak in South Florida in general, except for the Dolphins, but at least the teams are still pretty good and I’ll always be there to cheer on the Canes in football and hoops. If you don’t mind me asking, what class are the football players in with you?</p>

<p>I care about baseball and go to like evvvvery game!!! Whoo! BTW, we lost the second in the series vs. NC State (though we won the first), if you haven’t heard. It goes down tommmorrrow. Ok, maybe I’m a bit weird about baseball.</p>

<p>But, yea, as I’ve posted before, the thing that frustrates me about UM is the sports fans. There are a lot, in the regard that if there is a football game you better believe everyone is watching it. There are few in that very few people actually take the time to go to the games unless it’s a huge game.</p>

<p>I’m not a huge basketball fan, but do go to the games occasionally. The men’s basketball games occasionally have enough people that you want to cover your ears… but occasionally there’s so few that you could introduce yourself to every person there several times over before the end of the game. Women’s basketball games are always like the later case.</p>

<p>Anyway, to answer your question, no, there are not football players in Stanford or Hecht. I haven’t had any classes with them, but they’re always around campus and I have friends who have had classes with them.</p>

<p>If we do well this year, I think there will be lots of support from the local community as well as the school’s students. It’s unfortunate that the support, at least from the locals, is so conditional. No matter what the turnout is, though, the stadium is so large that it’s hard to fill in the first place.</p>

<p>I go to every Friday and Saturday baseball game :)</p>

<p>There’s still plenty of support for the three major sports at UM. For the Saturday night Florida game a few weeks ago there were literally NO seats. It was insane. We don’t sell out football games usually, but TONS of students still go and there’s still great tailgating and a great atmosphere.</p>