Furman Class of 2025

Hey guys! I applied EA. I’m just looking for some other folks who have applied to Furman this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

My son applied EA and received acceptance notice + Bell Tower scholarship on 10/26. He’s humbled and very excited as it’s a school he’s had his eye on as potentially a strong fit. I don’t know the timing of how they roll this out, as others in his school that apply have not heard back yet. I hope you hear soon with positive news and others as well.

5 Likes

Congrats to your son! And thank you!

Our daughter applied Early Decision and got in (yay!), so she’s definitely going to Furman next year.

We were lucky to be able to visit in January. She was completely drawn to the campus, the academic environment, the people she met during the tour, internship opportunities and Greenville. Plus she loved that she can join club soccer since she plays for three teams here. We currently live overseas, and she is very excited to be going to school in America next year.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Our D applied Early Action and was just accepted today with a Bell Tower scholarship. Definitely excited, but still waiting on her ED school.

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted today EA with a scholarship. We are still awaiting other decisions and are hoping to visit early in 2021.
Congrats to all!

3 Likes

EA admit today with Townes Scholarship!

3 Likes

Congrats on the EA acceptances! Hope you all get a chance to visit campuses when making decisions

Does anyone know if this is typical that EA acceptances drip out over time? D did not hear anything today but we did notice that her transcript (that had been downloaded back in October) was downloaded again this week. It looks the same since we don’t have first semester grades yet so not sure why they would download it again.

They are sending them out in multiple waves according to admissions. The same situation happened to us on the 15th and my daughter received her acceptance today. Strange thing was that we never received an e-mail, only the status update on the portal unlike every other school she applied.

2 Likes

you mean the transcript was downloaded again?

Yes. You could see the original transcript download from October and then a duplicate one on the 15th.

1 Like

ok. thanks for replying. No answer here. Congratulations!

Thanks! Admissions didn’t explain why there were waves. So far all of the merit awards (with the exception of the Duke Scholarship) have appeared in both waves. I think it has to do with when you applied. The earliest folks got released on 10/26. I think today’s was the second.

1 Like

I just double checked and she applied 11/14. We will just wait for the next batch!

My son applied 10/25 and was accepted today with Bell Tower scholarship. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear!

3 Likes

My D is OOS applied early, was a Furman Scholar and received Townes Scholarship. Furman sent a nice swag box at the end of November.

2 Likes

My Daughter applied early and received her acceptance and scholarship on Thanksgiving. It was very special for Furman to send it that day.

1 Like

Daughter received fun #Furmanbound box with EA admit and Townes scholarship offer today. A great way for her to start break! She is not one who checks the admissions portals, so this was our first indication that she was in. It’s one of her top choices. She visited when older sister was looking at schools, but we’re hoping to visit again later in spring once COVID is hopefully under better control.

5 Likes

@theirchoices Congrats! Did you check her portal after the package came and is it updated?