Furman University Campus Visits: Share Your Tips & Recommendations

Did you recently visit Furman University? Share your experience with the community! Post your review in the comments below.

Some ideas for what to share:

• When did you visit?
  • Where did you stay? Would you recommend it?
  • Where did you eat? Did you try any local specialties?
  • How did you get there? What’s the best transportation mean to get to-from the campus?
  • What was the campus vibe?
  • What did you think of the dorms?
  • What are some must-see things in or around campus?
  • How were the school facilities?
  • Did you like it more or less than you thought you would? Why?
  • Did anything surprise you?

We’d love to hear any tips or recommendations you can share for people planning their visit!

New Furman parent here (daughter starting this fall '23). We have now visited Greenville several times due to music auditions, admitted student day, etc. Stayed in downtown Greenville in various hotels, all of which were great. If you have some extra time, I highly recommend renting e-bikes (or regular bikes if you are more athletic) and riding on the Swamp Rabbit Trail, which goes from Greenville to Furman to Traveler’s Rest. We had a great time doing that, stopping at the Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery, etc. I did not know how close Greenville is to the mountains, especially close to Asheville. It has a great atmosphere, it’s beautiful, and we are all so excited to be spending more time there soon.

1 Like

Visited 3 times so far. Son headed to orientation on the 16th. We’re from SC, but have never really explored Greenville and “TR” until our kid decided Furman was where he wanted to be.

There’s tons to do… especially in the outdoors. We’ve stayed in airbnb’s in TR and Greenville, but will likely just continue staying in TR if we visit him for parents weekend, etc.

I think it’s a “playground” for the students that allow them to get a bit of mentally healthy downtime from their school stuff. Very good balance in our opinion. You have downtown Greenville if you want a big city feel, but a campus that’s far enough outside of that to feel like things aren’t too “hectic”.

Food… LOT’S of excellent food both downtown and TR.