Furniture Question

<p>Are there chairs already in the dorms? Do we have to provide out own shower curtain? Any suggestions from someone who has done this before?</p>

<p>Yes, there’s already a bed, desk, chair, couple of shelves, couple of drawers, and a few cabinets. They provide a shower curtain too.</p>

<p>Is the chair comfortable?</p>

<p>Not really (at least mine wasn’t). So I bought a more comfy computer chair. (:</p>

<p>K then I guess I will bring mine from home.</p>

<p>Do most kids have futons or any other furniture besides a chair or 2?</p>

<p>^ I’ve only seen them in Modular dorms. All the other dorms are too small.</p>

<p>Do the dorm desk chairs have wheels? The online photos appear to be just a wooden chair yet a friend said their dorm had nice wheeled desk chairs. I believe she was in Underwood.</p>

<p>Mine both had very simple wood chairs ( Commons & modular), no wheels and they weren’t the same. The furniture in each room in a dorm can also vary as to exact style - they will still be bed,drawers, desk, chair & bookshelf- but you might get a newer model than another room. Everything you get with your room must be kept with the room ( if you bring a desk chair, you still have to keep their chair in your room or the bars for lofting beds for example). My kids & their roommates just used a blanket on the chairs to ‘soften’ them, worked fine for them. </p>

<p>Any information on whether the provided dorm room desks have a locked drawer for securing a laptop, etc.?</p>

<p>The furniture should have a locking draw. It is a drawer with eye holes that you provide a padlock for. </p>

<p>As an aside, my son and his girlfriend have raved about the impressive code of ethics at A&M. They have each accidentally left important stuff behind over their years there, and their stuff has always been either right where they left it or turned in to the proper people. Never has anything been stolen. My son brought a special locking cable for his laptop as an incoming freshman and was very cautious about locking stuff up for the first several months, but he soon learned that it doesn’t seem necessary. He’s still cautious. But theft hasn’t been a problem at all in over three years. (It probably doesn’t matter, but he lived in the honors dorms for two years and another north side dorm the third year.) I’m not recommending against the lockable cubby, of course. But I’m sharing the good news that A&M students are surprisingly awesome for such a huge student population! :)</p>

<p>We stayed in a dorm room during NSC. The desks also had a side cabinet with a place for a lock. We had our own combination lock and used the side cabinet to keep our laptop in there while we were out and about during the NSC. It would be good place for girl to keep her purse, etc. </p>

<p>So bring a combination lock.</p>

<p>Hullabaloo had rolling chairs last year. Everyone was using the chairs as rolling dollies for move in/out. Hopefully the chairs survived all that!</p>