GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

Where did see it? On the admission portal or oscar?

Did anyone get rejected or not become a stamps semifinalist, but had gotten this updated decision time?

Hi! Stamps Semifinalist here (still freaking out about it!!!). According to an email I just received from Georgia Tech, only Stamps Semifinalists and Stamps Alternates (250 people total) received their admissions decision today. All other applicants’ decisions are set to go out on the 23rd.

13 Likes

Congratulations to all Stamps semifinalists!

4 Likes

Thank you! I can’t believe it. I was honestly expecting to be completely rejected.

6 Likes

Yes, I got an email, but it was a few minutes later.

1 Like

I know someone who was an “alternate” semifinalist. I believe there were 190 semifinalists and 60 alternates notified today and everyone else is in ten days.

Congrats! Can you please share your stats?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone know how first semester senior grades factor into the scholarship? I’ve gotten straight A’s so far, but I’m, uh, not exactly confident about my exams (granted, I say this exact same thing every year) and it’s possible I’ll have 1-2 B’s if I really did badly. I wouldn’t think that’s enough to be rescinded, but would it basically kill my scholarship dreams? Or have they likely already decided they are confident in my academics and they’re just going to try to assess my leadership and learning outside the classroom? I know they get a mid-year report but I don’t even know if it goes to the scholarship office.

Though I am no expert, I assume that wouldn’t be enough to rescind admission or scholarship. Perhaps talk to an admissions counselor because sometimes they have a certain GPA cutoff you must maintain in order to keep your scholarship.

Thanks. I don’t think it would rescind the scholarship, but I haven’t gotten it yet and I’m wondering if it might play into the decision.

Does anyone know if Georgia Tech releases any regular decisions before the slated release date to students that have good stats and academic records?

Thank you for sharing your story. Congratulations again and best wishes for Stamps final!

1 Like

Not historically. UGA does do this for a few high stats people in February but Georgia Tech waits till the decision date with the exception of those announced this week for Stamps.

@amsunshine I don’t understand why your D21’s chances are a reach? Looks like she has an almost perfect SAT and fabulous GPA. Am I missing something? Thanks!

1 Like

I think because we think it’s a reach for pretty much everyone. So many applicants with awesome stats and backgrounds - nothing seems like a given!

ETA: CS is also a fiercely competitive major in comparison with others.

3 Likes

Then I am definitely not getting my hopes up. Reading these threads can be helpful, but also worrisome when comparing your stats to others.

1 Like

I constantly remind my kids to stay humble. There are lots of amazing kids out there with great stats and jaw dropping EC’s. So, we are hopeful but try to stay realistic and know that wherever they end up is where they were meant to be.

8 Likes

Girls in STEM are pretty golden these days so she should be ok, good luck!!

5 Likes