GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

For the ones that got a deferral from EA

5 Likes

anyone has the following msg in oscar portal? don’t remember seeing it before

If you would like for your hometown newspaper to receive notification for any term that you receive Dean’s List or Faculty Honors, please do the following:

Click on Update Addresses and Phone Information. Select the “HOMETOWN NEWSPAPER” address type. Enter a “Valid From” date (just put today’s date). Enter “OK TO SEND” on address line one. Enter the name of your hometown in the “City” field. Enter a State Code. Enter your Zip Code. Click the SAVE button.

Where do you see it?

have had it since like mid Jan (and I got deferred)

3 Likes

i have that (applied RD and a high reach)

Congrats!

Does anyone have any concrete info about the Summer admit/iGniTe program this summer? Specifically will classes be in person, hybrid or remote? Will ignite students be living in dorms? Will it be allowed? Will it be required? I know they have had admitted student webinars and hoping some of that was covered.

Also anyone know the deadline to choose summer admit if you get in for fall? Do you have to do it when you pay housing deposit or can you do it later?

Did anyone get the financial aid info?

1 Like

I think it comes in April 1st.

1 Like

Has anyone visited campus recently? We are planning to visit the campus and surrounding area next week, GA Tech is my daughter’s top choice until we hear from the rest. Any tips for visiting campus, dorm and other areas are greatly appreciated.

Stay at GT Hotel in Tech Square if possible. Across from bookstore. Campus is very walkable but most buildings will be closed. You should be able to get a good feel. Clough may be open to the public as may be the library?

If not staying at GT hotel you can park at Visitor 1 parking lot and go to the building to the right of Tech Tower to get a map and self guided tour. Weather has been beautiful so there should be activity. Masks required of all visitors at all times even outdoors.

Have a great trip!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the tips. We are staying at GT Hotel.

1 Like

Wrong spot rip

We received an email yesterday

DD got her aid letter today and got a scholarship that put it pretty much exactly where UVA Engineering is at in-state. She’s already committed to GT so I’m thrilled.

4 Likes

Congrats. She will be very happy and successful! GT has tons of kids who turned down UVA (despite the lower cost for VA residents) for both CS and engineering. I can’t believe how many there are! Several acquaintances also transferred over from UVA.

We were just there a couple of days ago. They said that you can get on a waiting list for the sessions you are interested in and will very likely be able to join in. They said there are often no shows. Good luck!

I suggest posting in the Class of 2026 thread, not this one from last year.