GA Tech Class of 2025 EA1 and EA2

Definitely not getting my hopes up. I’ll just watch the Admission Portal countdown clock and find out when it hits 0:00! Hopefully my kiddo will be home by then because it will be hard not to look! hahaha

D is 4.0 UW GPA, 8 APs + 1 post AP, Chemistry/Science Technology & Society

1 Like

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes

Yes, good luck! It is the 5 minute countdown and my kiddo isn’t home yet!! Ugh.

2 Likes

D just texted that she got good news. :slight_smile:

ETA: Had the Pay Now button.
ETA(2): Accepted UGA. I obviously did not “get” the info I was supposed to provide.

Congratulations to those accepted and good luck to those deferred. Stay positive!!

3 Likes

For the record, Pay Now seems to be reliable ?

DD accepted!

4 Likes

D21 accepted!

4 Likes

Deferred from UGA and Georgia Tech :frowning:

1 Like

Congratulations to everyone who is accepted by GT. And good luck to those who are deferred or rejected.

My DS21 is also accepted. He is applying to CS. Following are his stats:

• UW GPA 98/100 (or 4.0/4). HS does not weight, does not rank either.

• 34 ACT (took once). E35, M36, R34, S32. SAT Math II 800. SAT Physics 750.

• Took total 12 AP courses through junior year. Most AP exam scores are 5s with a few 4s. 8 STEM APs: Calc BC, Stat, CSP, CSA, Phy 1, Phy 2, Phy C Mech, and Phy C E&M.

• Taking 5 AP courses in senior year: Chem, Bio, Spanish, Euro History, English Language.

• Strong in math. Took total 7 math courses already. Is taking Multi Var Calc and Linear Algebra in senior yar.

Decent essays. Everyone who proof read his two GA Tech essays thinks they are pretty good.

Decent EC: 5 years Eagle Scout (raised $1K for a infrastructure construction service project for a local non-profit, recruited and managed 20 volunteers who worked over 200 volunteer hours to accomplish the project). 4 years dancing at an academy. TA of an online AP CSA course for a year. Worked part time at a software development company for the past two summers. He’s got a bunch of other good ECs. But he decided not to list them because GT explicitly states that normally a student can only have 3-5 meaningful ECs.

BTW, Pay Now button showed up on his OSCAR account page at around 2pm, 3 hours before decision release time.

3 Likes

My son was accepted at UGA and deferred from Tech for business. Tech seemed to me like a harder admit so he/we were not surprised. According to the Tech FAQs, ⅔ of those deferred over the past two years got in in March. . . he is not counting them out!

4 Likes

Are OOS results coming today too? Or is it only for instate students today?

Believe In state only. They also communicated the decision in email.

January for OOS

Yeah early Jan is what they said for OOS.

Congrats on all accepted! Did we determine if the “pay now” hack was accurate as far as status?

Pay now button hack seems to work. I heard 800 people were admitted for summer.

2 Likes

Yes I was admitted for summer term.
Pay Now Button: YES

3 Likes

Yes, Pay Now appeared 2-3 hours prior to the announcement time. Fall admitted.
Thank you, all.

4 Likes

FYI…
Stamps President’s & Gold Scholars
Semifinalist status updates will be available on Friday, December 11 at 9:00 a.m. EST.

(my D is not expecting anything but one of her friend’s is hopeful so we are crossing our fingers for her tomorrow morning)

@DramaMama2021 would this just be for instate applicants?