Gabelli Scholarship Chances

I’m applying for the Gabelli Scholarship at Boston College and I’m curious if anyone can compare stats and estimate my chances.

SAT: 1510
GPA: 4.8
White, female, upper class family

Honors/AP Classes:
-Honors Algebra III
-Honors Pre Calculus
-AP Calculus AB
-AP Statistics
-Honors Biology
-Honors Chemistry
-Honors Physics
-AP Biology
-Honors World Literature and Composition 1
-Honors World Literature and Composition 2
-AP Language and Composition
-AP Literature and Composition
-Honors World History
-AP US Government and Politics
-AP United States History
-AP Psychology
-Honors Spanish 2
-Honors Spanish 3
-Honors Spanish 4

Academic Awards:
-AP Scholar 2021
-Academic All-State (2021, 2022)
-High Honor Roll (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
-National Short Story Contest finalist

Extracurriculars

Young Americans Youth Advisory Board Co-Chair (2020-2022)
National Sports Center for the Disabled Junior Ski Coach (2019-2022)
President of NHS (2020-2022)
Internship with the Chief District Attorney (2021-2022)
Student Council Class President (2021-2022)
Varsity Girls Soccer Captain (2018-2022)
Mock Trial (2021-2022)
Boys Varsity Soccer Team Manager (2020-2022)
Broomfield Club Soccer (2019-2020)
Broomfield Swim and Tennis Club concierge (2018-2020)
Nannying (2021-2022)

1 Like

There is no special application for the Gabelli Scholarship at BC. You just need to have your app in by Nov. 1 to be considered. Although you seem to be a strong candidate for admission to Boston College, it is a long shot for any student to be named a Gabelli Scholar. Last year about 40,000 students applied to BC and only about 15 received the Gabelli scholarship.

From BC’s website:

What qualifications must an applicant have to be eligible for the Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program?

There is no minimum GPA or SAT score requirement. However, we are looking for students with outstanding academic records, who hold leadership roles in their school and who are committed to and have a demonstrated interest in community service. Typically, the students selected are in the top 1-2 percent of the national pool of freshman applicants.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi - just wanted to encourage you to post anonymously on this site. You don’t need to include your name or the name of your swim club to get a response to your question. Good luck!

I would think you would be competitive for it. My daughter received it with what to my untrained eye look like slightly (but only slightly) better stats.