GAH, got the letter/supplement to verify application

<p>Any CCC transfer applicant also get that letter?</p>

<p>Thanks ihatehighschool, you too!</p>

<p>I got a UC financial aid magazine thing in the mail today and I got scared because it came in a big envelope so I thought it was the letter to verify. I'm guessing the letter would've come with it...hopefully.</p>

<p>You just received that Financial Aid letter now? </p>

<p>I received that over a week ago. I guess we're not out of the woods yet as far as verification goes.</p>

<p>"I wouldn't consider everyone else to be safe at this point from getting one of these until the end of january, just to be safe"</p>

<p>I live in CA, haven't received such thing yet. I really hope I don't</p>

<p>Well I went out of town for a week and checked my mail the day I got home so I don't really know when it came.</p>

<p>I live in Missouri and I got it Sat. I feel special yet annoyed that I'm not done with my applications...Like, I thought there would be no looking back, but now I have to verify an award - NHS member. (I put it as an honor/award, not an EC). No biggie, I'm going to photocopy my certificate/membership card/induction program tomorrow and send it off. I just worry it won't get there or something. It was scary to see that if it's not postmarked by the first, your app. will be withdrawn. :(</p>

<p>did it happen to say "open immediately" on the top of the envelope?</p>

<p>bump... or did u guys get any mail saying " open immediately"?</p>

<p>it has a sticker that says "IMPORTANT INFORMATION regarding your application enclosed"</p>

<p>just mailed out the forms, so hopefully by 2 days I get confirmation they got it</p>

<p>alright, well </p>

<p>the letter i got ended up being a just regular confirmation letter saying my apps were sent to each UCLA and Berk.</p>

<p>I am now relieved that I don't have to spend extra time verifying stuffs when I have to spend million hours to bring my calculus grade c to b.</p>

<p>I just took my chapter test and i think i got like 60 % or lower...</p>

<p>I am Asian who suck at math. weird isn't it?</p>

<p>totally off topic
and your a shame to our korean race! Jk
Calc is a hard subject! Just work harder and Im your sure youll do fine!</p>

<p>Anyways, I hope that no applicants lied in their application because they might find themselves having to verify that lie. I can't imagine what it would be like to be in such a circumstance.</p>

<p>I like being Filipino. We're expected to be street smart, not academic smart. :P</p>

<p>But I think that if I lied and had to verify...
I would be in the most delirious state imaginable.</p>

<p>^
I'm filipino too, and that is too true lol</p>

<p>So I just called the application processing service and they said that they received the documentation and that I'm cleared, but they said no written confirmation will be sent in the mail</p>

<p>so I still have a shot at ucla :]</p>

<p>its the whole uc. and if you fail to respond, they would notify all the other UC you applied.</p>

<p>wow, lucky me i didn't get it. it must be troublesome trying to verify everything you did.</p>

<p>Speaking of scary, this is what i experienced:</p>

<p>I never got the letter to verify my activity, but just today, i received a letter saying that if i don't turn in my verifying documents by Feb.1, my application will be cancelled. I was wondering for 2 hours what documents they were talking about. Then i realized it must be for some extracurricular stuff on my app. However, i don't even know what activity and what kind of proof they want, and today is Jan.27 already! Man.</p>

<p>To be even worse, some of the activities or awards i listed were accomplished when i was in China. I swear there is no way i can get a confirmation for those things.</p>

<p>And today is Sunday. Their office is closed. I have all these questions, but no one can answer my question. Guess i'll have to be patient and wait till tomorrow.</p>

<p>It's been a long day.</p>

<p>^good luck with everything</p>

<p>hopefully you can contest your case with an official.</p>

<p>Does the letter/supplement verification request appear on the UCAP website too?</p>

<p>nope, the request doesn't appear on the UCAP website</p>

<p>OMG SedLYmegg that seriously sucks!!! I can't believe they mailed it so late. If you don't end up being able to get all the documents in time then they better let you contest it because that's not fair!</p>