Galveston Engineering

If I was able to get into Engineering at Galveston for my freshman admission, am I allowed to change majors to my second major and attend the college station campus?

Probably not! What options were given with your decision? Call and ask, as every situation is different, but we were told that my student could not change. I find this hard to understand because second choice major is still open. Do you have a “change major option” on your AIS or Howdy?

Wish we could get more support on this thread! Why are they not allowing Engineering students @ Galveston, who are considered full admit students, to change majors, or have Blinn Team option? Frustrating!

@123vca Your best option to get an official answer would be to speak with an admission counselor. I would be afraid any information you get here would be second hand and not official. Have you tried contacting someone at A&M?

I believe the Galveston program is currently in its first year, so a lot is unknown and participents from the CC that went are active anymore. Here is last years thread. http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1865224-engineering-galveston-fall-2016-program-p1.html
Maybe there is some info there. The Aggie Reddit page has some Galveston posts as well, with responses by current Galveston general engineering students.

Yes. I have talked to a few admission counselors, but still just doesn’t make sense. If they were admitted by College Station, it just seems that they would have the option of changing majors.