Game this weekend

<p>Ok, I need some tips to pass along to H for the game this weekend. I will be watching vicariously on tv. The ebay seller I bought the tickets from threw in a parking pass for an extra bit of $, so they can park in the soccer lot- they have a pass.
The game is at 8, I’m sure people will be tailgating all day. My Ds new bff has a bf that went to 'bama so they are invited to his tailgate, so that should be fun. I’ve heard that Honors College has a tailgage as well. What time would be good to take in the sights? I’m sure they will want to get something to eat, maybe along the strip. S loves the Pita Pit. The strip is close the Quad right?</p>

<p>If they are sitting way up in the SS section- faculty staff, how long will it take to get to their seats? I’m sure leaving is insane and I bet they don’t get to b’ham to 1 or 2 am.</p>

<p>They are both very excited for gameday.</p>

<p>All eating places close to the Quad will be crazy busy on Friday and (especially) Saturday. Going to Downtown or Midtown Village will be better.</p>

<p>Yes, The Strip is close to the quad. </p>

<p>On the north side of the stadium is University Drive. “The Strip,” where many off-campus restaurants are located, is on University Drive, west of the Stadium. </p>

<p>“Downtown” (where restaurants such as DePalma’s and Mellow Mushroom are located), is located farther west on University, past Queen City Ave.</p>

<p>Midtown Village (more stores and restaurants) is located on McFarland and 15th St, which is southeast of the campus.</p>

<p>See attached pic</p>

<p>[The</a> University of Alabama - Videos, Photos, and Visit Reports](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/vibe/the-university-of-alabama/?entry=image_1_7wx6wptx]The”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/vibe/the-university-of-alabama/?entry=image_1_7wx6wptx)</p>

<p>If they are sitting way up in the SS section- faculty staff, how long will it take to get to their seats? I’m sure leaving is insane and I bet they don’t get to b’ham to 1 or 2 am.</p>

<p>Are they in the student section or do they have assigned seats? If they have assigned seats, they have to allow enough time to take the Crimson Ride from the soccer field to the Quad and then walk to the Stadium and to their seats. </p>

<p>If they have unassigned seats (student section), then they have to go EARLY to get a good seat!</p>

<p>What time do they plan on getting to the soccer field?</p>

<p>BTW…the Homecoming Parade is at noon.</p>

<p>They have assigned seats. I think they will arrive a couple of hours early to check out the tailgates. And also wonder about the soccer field filling up even with a pass because several people told me you can park there for $20. I would think they should head over around 4 or 5. No idea what they are going to do all day</p>

<p>They may not get a parking spot if they wait til 4 or 5. Yes, those spots sell for $20 each that day.</p>

<p>They could get there early, watch the parade, and maybe go over to the Bear Bryant Museum (if open on game day).</p>

<p>Many of the buildings on campus are locked on game days…I guess to prevent thousands of people from just milling around the buildings.</p>

<p>Since you have assigned seats, you can go to the stadium whenever you want. It only takes 15 min to get to your seats in the faculty section. You can wander around the quad, visit the Bryant Museum and the Museum of Natural History, browse the stores on the strip or downtown. I would probably try and get to town by 2.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Right…I’m more concerned about the parking issue for them.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Bathrooms and power outlets for tailgates.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I’m fairly sure that arriving by 2 would alleviate the issue.</p>

<p>I would not leave after getting there…it’s a lot of traffic. A lot of restaurants (Applebee’s, Blue Moon, etc.) set up tents on the quad and sell food. You will not lack for places to eat. Plus if you were invited to a tent, they will most likly have food. We always carry enough for friends, and DD friends.</p>

<p>*I’m fairly sure that arriving by 2 would alleviate the issue. *</p>

<p>I agree. She thinks they’ll get to the soccer field at 4 or 5. That may be a problem since those spaces are being sold that day.</p>

<p>*A lot of restaurants (Applebee’s, Blue Moon, etc.) set up tents on the quad and sell food. *</p>

<p>true. If I remember correctly, they often set up on the east side of the Quad, but that may change every year. Anyone know?</p>

<p>I would also suggest arriving by 2. The food vendors are located on the east end of the quad near Nott Hall. The food vendors have been in the same location for every game I’ve attended.</p>

<p>H seems to be having a good time. So is S</p>

<p>[The</a> University of Alabama - Videos, Photos, and Visit Reports](<a href=“http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/vibe/the-university-of-alabama/?entry=image_1_dn5qsj5w#ugcImageMaster]The”>http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/vibe/the-university-of-alabama/?entry=image_1_dn5qsj5w#ugcImageMaster)</p>

<p>^^^Glad to hear it! Also glad to see how busy m2ck has been uploading pics. :)</p>

<p>Not to hijiack this thread, but some of you who participated in the thread about clearing the football ticket waitlist for the San Jose State game will be interested to hear that my son cleared the waitlist for the Ole Miss game and received a donated ticket today despite the fact that he spaced out last Saturday night, forgot to set his alarm, and didn’t get his name on the list until noon Sunday. Amazing good fortune.</p>

<p>Roll Tide and wear your lucky shirts everyone!</p>

<p>Glad to hear that your son got a tix.</p>

<p>Also glad to see that frosh that want tickets to other home games are able to get them.</p>

<p>I second (third?) the recommendation for the restaurants on the Quad rather than eating on the Strip, Midtown, on gameday. Park your car and stay for the day. Even Lloyd Hall’s food court was open on gameday for Parents Weekend. There were also trailers with bathrooms set up, I think behind the library. Have a great time!</p>