Gameday Parking

<p>Yay, got my refund email too. Will try again now that it sounds like it’s working.</p>

<p>I guess we were just the beta testers! :)</p>

<p>If I wanted to park for free without fear of being ticketed and take a bike to the stadium, where would you suggest?</p>

<p>Now three games are listed… ANd all, including Colorado State, are</p>

<p>SOLD OUT.</p>

<p>Has to be a glitch.</p>

<p>I am calling Nick.</p>

<p>^^^ Ugh, just went online to re-purchase the tickets and saw the same thing. I guess BETA testing is not complete yet! ;)</p>

<p>riprorin, there is free parking downtown. Go on the UA gameday site linked for parking and there should be a link for the downtown parking info with the Tuscaloosa Transit info.</p>

<p>Thanks! Taking the bike seemed to be a good way to avoid a lot of traffic and backup, but it could be a really bad idea. Any thoughts?</p>

<p>Sounds like a plan to me. Since traffic going to and from the campus will be controlled it won’t be as hairy as any normal day, I would think.</p>

<p>My concern on a bike ( and I drive a big 150cc scooter) is that many folks unfamiliar with the area will be driving…this means they will be distracted and unlikely to notice a bike.</p>

<p>At the very least, wear a bright high-viz tee over your clothes…THIS HAS SAVED MY LIFE, and a bright high-viz helmet as well.</p>

<p>Once you get to the stadium, where are you going to park your bike?</p>

<p>I’d lock it at RCW and walk to the festivities/game with my S.</p>

<p>That does sound like a good plan.</p>

<p>How far is the walk from the parking at the soccer fields to Ridgecrest? And will buses be running as early as nine on Saturday?</p>

<p>Anyone successful at purchasing yet?</p>

<p>I was able to make the purchase yesterday and got the confirming email with the parking pass print link. Guess I caught the system at the right time!</p>

<p>I bought mine this morning. I just logged in again and this weekend’s game is still available.</p>