Gap Year then reapply?

<p>Hello!</p>

<p>I got rejected from Cal but I appealed. I’m waiting on the decision right now. Anywho, I got into UCI/UCSD however I am NOT A FIT for both of those schools at all (I’m a very liberal and radical person) and I don’t fit in there. (No offense to anyone) </p>

<p>However, I regret not applying to UCSC, which seems like an itty bitty version of Cal (the liberal-ness). </p>

<p>Do you think that if I get denied admission by appeal to Cal, I should wait a year and reapply to Cal and UCSC and other colleges?</p>

<p>I made ELC, so does that STILL guarantee me a spot at UCSC even though I waited a year?</p>

<p>What do you think I should do? Thanks.</p>

<p>just go to a liberal arts school! lol jk i don't actually know if liberal arts schools are more liberal/radical</p>

<p>anyway, if i were you i would go to a local community college and start my college education. unless you have big plans for your gap year, i wouldn't recommend it. i'm not sure what colleges think of gap years. in my opinion they might see you as a slacker and that would make it really hard to get into cal or ucsc</p>

<p>GOOD LUCK ON YOUR APPEAL!</p>

<p>off the top of my head, UCs focus heavily on numbers. it would be hard to take a year off and reapply unless you did something to really boost numbers. </p>

<p>if thats the case, simply go to a JC.</p>

<p>but remember that UCs are huge schools. if you look/live there, im sure you could find somewhere you fit</p>

<p>heck, the young republicans have over 600 members at the "liberal" berkeley.</p>

<p>kaii: Although your ELC status was only valid for this year, you are still UC eligible and can reapply for next year as a freshman applicant as long as you do not take any courses at a college or university through out the year; doing so would make you a transfer student. You will be competing against all applicants for the fall 2009 year much like how you competed this year and, as a warning, competition has been increasing year to year. If you have a gap in education, you want to explain the gap in your personal statement or application.</p>

<p>Transferring is another option; please contact UCSC if you decide to take the transfer route to determine their transfer requirements.</p>