Garcia Summer program 2021

pick simons

I haven’t received any formal rejection, but if they’re taking this long to notify us, it may well be a sign of a rejection… :((

also haven’t gotten anything. i’ve heard that garcia does have some sort of waitlist type situation because a decent amount of ppl do end up opting for other programs. they don’t send out rejections until enrollment is finalized apparently.

1 Like

any updates from anyone?

15th is the acceptance deadline so there might be new spots come out. Good luck!

still haven’t gotten anything

1 Like

same here

I’ve tried emailing multiple times, but I’ve received no response – I don’t understand why they wouldn’t clearly inform us of their decision especially since we paid $50 for the application. I can assume that I’ve been rejected, but they have to provide a concrete response.

1 Like

yeah i agree.

Hey, quick question. When we are filling out the acceptance packet, is it alright if I fill out the documents and then e-mail them to the specified address, but mail the check separately?

has anyone that wasn’t notified of an acceptance heard anything back?

That’s what we’ve done.

Just asked two buddies of mine who applied. Both have not heard a peep since someone sent them confirmation of receipt email in early May. They thought it’s strange. Other places notify you one way or the other.

1 Like

Yeah I 100% agree, I think they should just give everyone a decision instead of just not notifying those not accepted.

I heard back on May 21st and the deadline for response was the 31st, so I think admissions might continue for a little while longer.

Ah okay! Yeah it seems possible.

Hi! Could you please PM me? I’m in a weird predicament related to Garcia Summer Scholars and have a couple of questions regarding the program. I’m a new user so I can’t initiate private messages just yet.

Has anyone gotten the zoom link yet and any further information (like this year’s calendar)? I remember receiving an email around five days ago to confirm contact info and I haven’t heard from Garcia since.

havent gotten anything either

1 Like

is there a facebook group or anything for ppl who are attending