Gateway Admission TAMU Class of 2026

Any idea if they will move my NSC fee and housing deposit from TAMU Galveston? I figured not, but can’t hurt to ask since it is a branch campus. I’m assuming it needs to be “officially official” before I can help her with housing?

Housing should actually be open even though it’s not official. Just go to the portal in Howdy for housing.

And great questions about moving Galveston money over. I would say, no, but never hurts to ask as you said. Let me know though. I’m curious.

You’re not being considered for gateway, you have received gateway. Don’t let admissions office tell you otherwise. It should be “official” tomorrow probably. So exciting. Best pathway ever!

2 Likes

You can ask, but NSC and Housing deposit are always non-refundable, so I doubt the campuses will ‘transfer’; 2 totally separate institutions.

Thank you for the response, very excited about this! Sounds like a great opportunity!

1 Like

We have an official “admitted to Gateway” program this afternoon. Just received tabs this morning. Do you have any idea what dorms Gateway students move into for summer II?

1 Like

They’ll send you info on that separately.

In the past it’s been the FHK dorms (3 different) all balcony style.

1 Like

I got all my tabs this morning, and got official congratulations later this afternoon. Im trying to get. Jump-start on the checklist of things that need to be complete. Right now I’m just trying to figure out how to register for housing because my only options on my housing are gardens and residence halls aug 2022-may 2023. Any answers?

I forgot to mention I will not be living on campus fall 2022 so I’m just trying to figure out how to register for ONLY summer housing.

Pretty sure Housing/dorm for Gateway is mandatory, so I wouldn’t stress that much.

2 Likes

They’ll reach out by email on summer housing. It will probably be in the balcony dorm s Fowler/Hughes/kneely

1 Like

Thank you for creating this thread. Just completed phase I housing😁

1 Like

Also can we sign up for the June 16-17 NSC or do we have to wait until admittance is ‘official’ ?

If it will let you, then go ahead. But there’s no rush. You have to go to that one so it’s not like they will fill up! All good.

My son was just admitted to Gateway program today. Does he need to register for NSC before he can register for phase 1 of housing for the fall? We poked around on the Howdy portal a little tonight, but didn’t see anything.

Can a full admission student pull in a Gateway student as a roommmate?

Yes to your question about rooming with a non gateway full admit student. Y’all can complete fall housing now for phase 1. Search in Howdy for access.

Sign up for nsc when it’s available. There appears to only be one session at the moment.

We had to send an email to housing as we were able to register for the NSC, but not housing. Doesn’t help I am overseas and trying to help by Zoom!

1 Like

Here is info that I received this morning from housing. . .

1 Like

I’m wondering about Fall on-campus housing. My daughter was just admitted and she did the Phase 1 form and paid the housing deposit. I think it said she will be able to proceed to Phase 2 in two days. Since we are late to the party, is there a chance that she will not get a spot in a residence hall on campus for Fall? Thanks!

@collegebound3kids she’s guaranteed a spot on campus, as long as she pays her deposit by a certain date (last year it was March 5; there should be wording in the housing contract about being a guarantee). So she’s good! BUT, being honest, unless she matches:finds a roomie with a higher dorm selection time, she definitely won’t have a lot to choose from, paying deposit this late.
Phase 3 is coming up shortly, and that’s where kids can view others profiles, and try to find roommates, if they don’t already have one.
Dorm selection won’t take place until late April, into May. Tell her to try and secure a roommate (she may already know someone).
Good news is, once school starts, it’s pretty rare to ever hear anyone complain about dorms. People get settled in and don’t dwell on not getting their top dorm choice.