Gateway Admission TAMU Class of 2026

Turns out this is the right board for us, DS got Gateway yesterday. We are not familiar with the program, but are learning more. I will call to get more info, but a couple of questions:

He will not be available to attend NSC June 16-17. I’ll have to find out if there is an alternate date or if it can be done virtually.

His brother wedding is in July. He would have to miss class days of the summer session if it is in person.

Costs are vague on the Gateway website, if I look at the calculator it looks like it’s $2000+ for tuition, then room and board? It would be nice to have real figures.

Lots to consider! Congratulations to all who got this option.

1 Like

@aremom31330 this was taken directly from from one of the Aggie parent FB pages-

Someone asked about cost - Tuition and Fees for Gateway Summar 2021 was $3,777.61 (if that helps)

I would contact the TAP office today. Find out if Gateway NSC can be attended virtually (I think only the one session is offered), and if any classes can be missed during their summer session. Those are dealbreakers.

1 Like

Thank you. I just left a VM and sent an email.

1 Like

Also, does anyone know, do Gateway students typically complete their degree in 4 years or does the program add extra semesters?

Gateway doesn’t add additional time, they just start in summer session 2 before entering as a freshman in the Fall.

1 Like

For my daughter, I’m hoping that the mentorship and advising over the summer will help refine her choice of major and I think it could help to finish within 4 years, plus the Gateway summer semester.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. Is it possible that she could meet someone during summer semester that she would want to room with, or are the roommate assignments already completed before then?

Roommate selection happens during Phase 3. They can either ‘match’ with someone they meet, by viewing profiles OR they can ‘match’ with someone they already know.
When it comes time for their actual dorm selection (it’s a very specific time frame), they are picking a bed, in a dorm. If your student can ‘match’ with someone who has a higher dorm selection time, the person with the highest time can ‘pull’ them up.
So, to answer your question, no, beds are chosen during April & May.

1 Like

Our email last night said cost is closer to $3,900 and they stay in Whitehall for the summer. Does anyone know if they choose their classes for summer or are they required to take a math and a history for example?

2 Likes

Oh white creek. So much better than balcony’s. Glad they changed it from a couple of years ago.

As for classes. It will depend on what you come in with but you’ll take core classes and then the 2 not for credit classes. You’ll work with advisors at registration. They usually have it lined out for you.

We watched a video presentation with the head of Gateway last night. The classes will be assigned by the school. She said there wouldn’t be be Math. They would be core curriculum type classes that will help progress students toward graduation in any major. It was informative and we were allowed questions. It is worth signing up for a presentation if you can work it in. There are more scheduled I believe.

4 Likes

Where did you register for the presentation? Sounds helpful.

1 Like

@Eehtamu is the summer housing Whitehall or White Creek? Whitehall is a Corps dorm, which makes more sense then White Creek I’ve heard several mention.
Usually a Speech/Comm class is taken, definitely not a Math or History.

I had a momma tell me white creek in a private message. I didn’t even know there was a white hall. #alwayslearning

Whitehall is a Corps dorm…only know because a Corps mom was trying to get in touch with her kid last night and mentioned it. Never heard of it until last night. It would make sense tho, since there’s no dining hall on West Campus.

She confirmed White Creek Apartments last night. 4/4 apartments. I will try and find out later where we signed up for the presentation and pass it along. Meal plan is optional for summer.

4 Likes

Same as what we heard on White Creek. Glad to here they will have some help picking a class. 100 years ago I helped teach gateway students and it was a Poli Sci class. Not sure what we are doing on meal plan yet.

Possibly a dumb question…If they are housed in White Creek, will the Gateway classes mostly be on west campus then? It is just so far from main campus, so I was curious if A&M does special classes for this small group closer to their living quarters.

Also, my son will sign up for the presentation mentioned in earlier posts, but if anyone can provide how to sign up, we would appreciate it!

Classes will probably be all over campus. Buses run from West Campus.
My Aggie has had classes on both Main & West Campus every semester, she’s a junior. Being familiar with the bus system & campus prior to fall will help them greatly!

4 Likes

It is not far. The campus in general is large. Whether you’re on west campus or north side or south side. They’ll figure it out. Please don’t sweat the small stuff. There will be more fun stuff to stress about :crazy_face:

3 Likes