Gateway is down

“We are now under maintenance to update our site. Please check back later. We do not have an estimate at this point but we are working on a fix.”

Already received email from a school saying they may extend the deadline.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s happening to everyone. I’ve been waiting for 5 hours for it to work again but it hasn’t. Patience is key. I think this is the second time it’s been under maintenance and a day before, it was already crashing and lagging really bad.

Gateway prep is not a new business. What is new this year caused the slow website? A new high of number of applicants?

"Thank you for your note to tech support.

Our team is aware of the issue and working diligently to resolve. We do not have an estimate on resolution

Gateway is also aware and there will be some flexibility with deadlines.

We regret the situation and appreciate your patience and understanding."

In the freakout thread someone posted that Groton extended to the 16th, presumably owed to these issues. Others may follow.

somehow gateway isnt down for me

well actually a few minutes ago it wasnt but now it is

sort of unstable

Does this mean that I can submit Essays and recommendation letters on Monday for example?

Update: Exeter is Extending his Deadline until January 31 :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Where are you seeing this and other school date changes? Not seeing anything anywhere (sometimes I can get into the Gateway portal), school portals and websites, haven’t gotten any emails either. Then again we have everything in.

1 Like

The “Everything is Fine” dog sitting in the room of fire is my brain’s only reaction right now. :rofl:

the school’s portal
like exeter has a portal (not the gateway one) and thats where they said theyre extending deadline

the school’s portal
like exeter has a portal (not the gateway one) and thats where they said theyre extending deadline

Interesting.
Don’t see a thing in the ones we applied to including Exeter and Choate.

maybe cuz you said you completed everything? ( I mean i did but theres the transcript for last semester…)

Here’s something I just got from Exeter Admissions in an email, in case you haven’t already seen it. If you have, I hope it relieves some stress for someone else.

As long as we receive all required materials by the first week of February, your application will be reviewed for a March 10th decision.

1st Week Feb

1 Like

Thanks, it very well can be (as @babysnoopy mentioned) he has completed everything for all his schools. I just was saying that we saw people mention it was on school portals but we have nothing on any portal about the changes. I wonder if they allow students who were completed by the deadline to make any changes/updates since some are taking extra time (not that my son wants to touch or look at anything again :joy:, but I’m sure some kids would have loved to have had more time).

I’m glad to help! Now it’s time for him to start practicing his “boarding school acceptance dance” in preparation for the big news!

2 Likes