Gateway to Prep question

If my son applied to one school on Gateway to Prep and decides last minute to apply to another school through Gateway to Prep, will the teacher recommendations/transcripts transfer over or do we have to request them again? Thanks in advance for your help!

I have the same question^
something tells me the answer is “no” but I really wish I’m wrong

You have to request all again.

When I added a new school, I saw a green button that says ‘Auto Submit Available’ under certain recommendations, not all. Apparently, if the recommender has opted in to an “auto submit” feature, then the most recent submitted form will be sent to your new school? We eventually decided not to apply to any additional school, so we never got to click the auto submit button though.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is helpful!

1 Like

@goKakuuu this was our experience a couple of years ago too. I DO believe the recommender can go in and change that, so I think I recall asking a recommender to do that as my daughter added a few more schools. While we are on the subject, SAO apps do NOT require any further permissions from the recommender, which make it SUPER easy to add extra schools late in the game…just a click and a credit card payment in most cases.

1 Like

Hello all,
I had the same question and just got off the phone with Gateway (who was incredibly nice and helpful btw). Yes, you have to send another request for the school that was not in the initial batch. The customer rep also told me that if you wanted to cancel the initial batch of requests, you could do that, then re-request the original batch with the additional schools so the submitter would only get one email with all the requests in one email. I opted not to do this and send two requests. Feel free to reach out to Gateway, they are incredibly helpful and got bak to me in a matter of minutes. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you everyone! You all have been so helpful!