Gba 490

<p>Any suggestions on best professor for GBA 490? Jeff Martin, AJ Strickland, Joyce Meyer…Thanks!</p>

<p>For what it is worth, my son has found ‘Rate My Professor’ to be very helpful so far.</p>

<p>NRDMOM, DS uses ratemyprofessor but not getting info on 2 of the professors:-(</p>

<p>Try Googling the professors. Sometimes you can find ratings for them at other schools, particularly if they are newer to UA.</p>

<p>Both Strickland and Meyers are on ratemyprofessor.</p>

<p>This article on Martin is interesting: [Jeffrey</a> Martin on Competing in Fast-Moving Dynamic Environments - ScienceWatch.com - Thomson Reuters](<a href=“http://archive.sciencewatch.com/inter/aut/2010/10-sep/10sepMart/]Jeffrey”>Jeffrey Martin on Competing in Fast-Moving Dynamic Environments - ScienceWatch.com - Clarivate)</p>

<p>If AJ Strickland is the same as Lonnie Strickland, he is one of the legendary UA professors – not to be missed though he is a really tough prof. I had Lonnie Strickland almost thirty years ago and he had already made a name for himself. Here is an interesting article – sounds like the class is basically the same after all these years. [Is</a> Lonnie Strickland UA?s toughest professor?](<a href=“Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White”>Announcements for 7/22/2010 - The Crimson White)</p>

<p>AJ Strickland and Lonnie Strickland are the same person. Lonnie is his nickname.</p>

<p>Remember that one is supposed to take GBA 490 during their final semester at UA.</p>

<p>I recommend getting a waiver to take the online section of GBA 490 taught by Michael Shelton.</p>

<p>I am really surprised that they offer GBA 490 in an online format. At least as of thirty years ago, it was the ultimate “think on your feet” kind of class – a format that is really hard to replicate well in the online environment. GBA 490 prepared me for the aggressive questioning that I would face in law school classes, helped me develop important real world presentation skills and gave me one of my only useful classroom group work experiences. My experience with this class is ancient, but this was one class where I really benefited from taking the “harder” of the two available profs for a class.</p>

<p>Sea_Tide, may I ask why you suggest the OL class? Do you prefer Dr. Shelton? And what reason would someone use to take the OL version?</p>

<p>Mike Shelton is actually a UA administrator who teaches the online section of GBA 490. I like online courses and generally do very well in them. The online section of GBA 490 still has the group project and has required conference calls/online meetings to discuss business cases. One only needs to attend 4 of the 8 business cases.</p>

<p>I received a waiver into the online section of GBA 490 a semester early because the only available classes without schedule conflicts were in the morning and would necessitate a 12 hour work day, I had taken many online classes before, and I wanted to have only a couple required classes left for the spring semester in case I got an internship.</p>

<p>You will be doing yourself a disservice if you don’t choose to take this class in the traditional environment. I had Strickland and he was my favorite professor. I got more out of that class and how to analyze things professionally and personally.</p>