General airline travel thread

She was flying international business-class. Didn’t help in this case. Everyone’s baggage was delayed - even business. She did get out before most others, but the wait at baggage was long.

A British Airways passenger got stuck in his first class seat for 3 hours before being lifted out of his seat by hoist. No seat is big enough for him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Tubby BA passenger gets stuck in first class seat for three hours before being lifted out by hoist | The Sun

If your airline notes and properly handles your luggage tagged “Business Class”. I have had several occasions when my luggage was far behind the rest of the first and business class luggage.

I travel with GE and carry-on only except when impossible.

Just returned from our emergency family issue/ trip across country. Had to sit further back due to last minute scheduling. It’s definitely tighter back here!

2 Likes

Yeah, I never found any correlation at all between the special luggage tags and when the luggage showed up. Though I also try to avoid checking if at all possible. The final straw for me some years ago was when I could see my bag on the top of the conveyer belt about to come down and they stopped it for 30 minutes (already 45 mines after we arrived) because the handers had decided to start a break in the middle of unloading the flight.

Our bags get tagged “priority” but we tend to get to the airport very early so they end up being loaded on the plane early and often at the tail end of the baggage claim. Am waiting for ours as we speak

Glad you made it back safely from your trip. I’m sure the grandkids were happy to have special times with you, though it was unexpected.

Still waiting for our bag. Delta promises they will arrive on the carousel within 20 min of their estimated time and that is long past. I will submit the form for the 2,500 free SkyMiles which is better than nothing.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a federal law that requires unruly passengers to pay a $1k fine to every passenger that they delayed.

5 Likes

I checked with Delta because the site said the late baggage guarantee points had been applied but my miles hadn’t updated. They said their system still shows that I am in flight! Ummm…… we landed last night! Makes me worry about their software programs/computer systems!!!

I’m pivoting :smile:

I have to buy flight tickets for a particular date. The flight information has just come out.

How long do you wait to buy tickets? And where would track the prices?

Not very savvy in doing this.

If it happens to be SW, I have experience with the first day being at or near bottom of pricing. Other airlines I have no advice.

If you search on Google Flights it will tell you if the pricing is lower than normal, typical or higher than normal.

5 Likes

+1 for Google Flights

Besides Google Flights, also try Hopper.com. It makes prediction about whether (and when) it’s a good time to book a particular flight.

1 Like

I’m watching on hopper. I’ll try google flights. Unfortunately not southwest.

Either American or Delta. American has the best schedule.

Southwest isn’t tracked on google flights and probably not on hopper either, so no loss there. I’ve been tracking lots of flights, and while typically delta is more expensive than United or American, it seems more reliable lately.

1 Like

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but have you all been following the Delta story where the mom and daughter were sexually assaulted during a 9-hour flight? The man had been served 10 alcoholic beverages by the flight attendants during the flight. The family is suing Delta, alleging that the flight attendants refused to intervene and had overserved the man with alcohol. The flight attendants also refused to call authorities once the plane landed.

How many drinks is too many on a flight? Should there be a drink limit? Certainly 10 drinks is excessive and resulted in this man thinking he could grope a 16-year-old girl and her mother. Should the flight attendants be held responsible for overserving?

Family sues Delta after drunken passenger allegedly groped mom and her teen daughter on flight (nbcnews.com)

1 Like

There is no amount of alcohol that would make a normal adult think it is okay to touch a minor.

Ten drinks would be considered “over-served” anywhere…and I’m saying this as someone with 30 years in the alcohol industry.

3 Likes

Also, for some reason I cannot recall, aren’t drinks at 30,000 feet more potent? In other words, less alcohol is needed to have effect?