General Honors Program

<p>I've been looking into the General Honors program, and I saw that you must have 24 credit hours in honors classes (6 credit hours a year), with 12 of them at 200 level or higher and 12 of them outside of your major. I'm kinda confused as to what is considered an honors-credit class. I saw in the academic bulletin that there's a section for Honors and Specialty classes, but it only lists 4 honors classes. Am I missing something here? What exactly is considered an "Honors Class"?</p>

<p>Bump? 70-some views and no one can comment?</p>

<p>There are some classes which are offered in a normal form, and then also offered as honors classes. So, for example, you can take ENG 105 honors instead of just normal ENG105, or ENG 106 honors, instead of just normal ENG 106. In each department you can probably find 5 or 6 honors classes at any given time. You can also “pink sheet” a few classes, where you do a bit of extra work and you will get honors credit for it. Also, any class at the 500 level or above counts for honors credit.</p>

<p>When you’re registering for classes, you can search for classes that are for honors credit. They’ll be designated by an “H” under class type.</p>