Geneseo Deferred Admission

<p>I am just wondering if anybody here (Class of 2006) got into Geneseo w/ deferred admission (Spring 07 or Fall 07)</p>

<p>I got accepted into Stonybrook via regular, and was really upset that this happened. </p>

<p>-1210/1600 SAT
-86.5 Average
-Brooklyn Tech Honor Roll
-Media Major bronze medal recipient
-Small bit of extra-cirricular things (NYC high school fair volunteer, participated in an ongoing microsoft social engineering experiment called Wallop (<a href="http://www.wallop.com%5B/url%5D"&gt;www.wallop.com&lt;/a&gt;) etc...) </p>

<p>Heck I even received two signed awards from our great Mr Bush, and one signed one from Clinton, along with a letter from Bush. ( I know it's not that exclusive or rare...) </p>

<p>Meh. I sent admissions a lot of extra stuff online too (Kris is very nice) and in the end, I feel like I've only been accepted due to my persistence in "annoying" them...</p>

<p>Honestly I would have loved to go there Fall 06, but my affinity towards the school has been somewhat largely hampered after it finally hit me that deferred admissions is a major disappointment (I bought a geneseo shirt...I was so happy being deffered...hah). I might just end up sticking in stony for one year and transfer out to cornell als</p>

<p>Anybody else have mini stories lol? Sorry if this came out a bit too long...</p>

<p>Did you apply to Geneseo early?</p>

<p>Yeah I was deferred also, almost went to stony brook, decided i hated stony brook because it was too large (how do you like stony brook?), and now i'm at a local CC. it sucks. theres no social life and i'm not meeting anyone really, but it could be worse i guess. i'm glad to get away in spring 07!</p>

<p>I was told not to do ED because they just send out the acceptance/rejection letters all at once(This is what a Geneseo rep told me), so it was better to just do a reg application.</p>

<p>SBU06 i have really similar stats to you and i also got deffered from geneseo early decision but got into stony brook. i have an 86 average 1250 sats and 4 aps and good ecs. i just sent them a letter explaining that i still rly want to go, an additional rec thats rly good, and im sending them anohter letter updating them on my activities and another college essay, will this help or am i just trying for something that probably isnt going to happen anyway? and also how is stony book? thanks for any help.</p>

<p>woah.. deferred alrady? they sent out letters already?</p>

<p>i applied early decision</p>

<p>bump.......</p>