Geneseo good Business school or program?

<p>Hey guys, I was wondering if Geneseo was a good business school or atleast has a good business program? Thanks!</p>

<p>Geneseo doesn’t have a “business school” per se. Instead, they offer business courses (Administration,Accounting, and Economics) that undergraduates can major in. </p>

<p>Pluses of attending Geneseo for Business
-Median class size is ~30 people
-A lot of people are from New York
-Personal attention is often accessable
-Tuition is relatively cheap if you do not qualify for financial aid</p>

<p>Minuses of attending Genseo for Business
-Budget Cuts/Poorly Funded
-Variety of Business departments (Econ is Arts & Sciences, not Commerce)
-No competition in declaring the major (guaranteed with a 2.7 gpa or higher)
-A lot of people are from New York
-Obtaining high grades is more about “working the system” than “working hard”
-Graduate school isn’t an option, its a necessity
-Too much personal attention/hand-holding</p>

<p>I spent a year at Geneseo as a Business Admin. student before transferring to the University of Virginia (current Finance and Management double major) . If you can afford to enroll in another school or qualify for financial aid (UVa has excellent oos financial aid), I’d recommend going elsewhere…</p>

<p>I second this email. There are many undergraduate business programs. To be honest, a SUNY degree does not hold any weight, if you are looking to attend graduate school. You are better check out programs like University of Southern California, Cornell, Berkeley, or Claremont McKenna.</p>

<p>A SUNY degree doesn’t hold any weight? lol…can’t say I necessarily agree with that. There are plenty of successful alumni from Geneseo like myself who also attended top grad schools. What is important at any school you choose to attend is that you need to be actively involved on campus and land good internships. What Geneseo needed to work on was its relationship with Alumni. I can tell you as a member of the Long Island chapter which was officially organized this past year there is allot of effort being made to reconnect successful alumni with the college campus and current students. </p>

<p>Also keep in mind that state schools across this country are struggling with reduced budgets…Geneseo’s experience is really no different.</p>

<p>A SUNY business degree has relatively little to no weight. You’ll get a job, but imo working in a 30-40k/year job out of college in finance or economics is pretty awful (and that’s what you’ll likely be getting).</p>