Geneseo vs. Albany

<p>Which has a better english program? Better campus life? I know someone asked this already, but I'm not sure if it was ever resolved...is Geneseo a suitcase school? Thanks for the input.</p>

<p>Geneseo is a far better and challenges you more academically compared to SUNY Albany or any other SUNY colleges as a matter of fact. I am currently a freshman and really like it. The scenery is beautiful and from what I've heard, SUNY Albany is pretty ugly, but again that's only what I've heard. Currently, Geneseo is working on becoming an "Honors College" (article I read) and is going to try decreasing its undergraduate enrollment and increasing its faculty. Geneseo definitely tops Albany.</p>

<p>Geneseo is a far better and challenges you more academically compared to SUNY Albany or any other SUNY colleges as a matter of fact. I am currently a freshman and really like it. The scenery is beautiful and from what I've heard, SUNY Albany is pretty ugly, but again that's only what I've heard. Currently, Geneseo is working on becoming an "Honors College" (article I read) and is going to try decreasing its undergraduate enrollment and increasing its faculty. Geneseo definitely tops Albany.</p>

<p>You really can't say that first sentence as a fact. Since you are only a freshman at Geneseo and have never been to Albany.</p>

<p>Geneseo is not a suitcase school. I'd choose it over Albany in a heartbeat.</p>

<p>thanks for the input.</p>

<p>I'm from Albany, and although I am only a freshman, I have taken classes at both schools and can probably give you a fair critique (my high school offered classes through the University). You are looking for an English program, and Geneseo does require a strong base in English. However, if you're really looking for a good English program, a school like Fredonia or New Paltz might actually be a better choice. Albany's strengths lie only in their genetics department. Other than that, the campus is just a boring city used mainly for parties and politics. In fact, Albany used to be the number one party school out of all the SUNYs.
Just thought you might want to know. Even though... "I'm just a freshman".</p>

<p>Geneseo boasts a strong English program. Why would you say Fredonia and New Paltz is better?</p>