Geneseo vs Binghamton.

<p>which one do you guys think is better? academically and socially.... also the location</p>

<p>I think it's more of a preference thing, I visited both and Geneseo definitely suited me better but that was because I liked the smaller campus. </p>

<p>They both seem to be pretty highly rated as far academics among the SUNYs, I still haven't found anything online definitively saying which is better.</p>

<p>They are extremely comparable academically, so it does come down to preference: city/country location, large/medium size.
I haven't compared the bulletins, but Binghamton being larger, it may (?) have a slightly larger selection of course offerings which might suit you especially as you start to specialize in your junior and senior years. I'm sure the classes there are larger overall and you'll become a "number" to an extent unless you make a point of making yourself known. You may have a lot more contact with graduate students during review/lab sessions especially in the first couple of years.
In Geneseo, the college is a large part of the community and the students are decidedly proud to be there, so you may get more of a "college spirit" feel. Because it is smaller, they say the professors get to know all of their students by name. The professors themselves are involved with the review sessions and labs, so your questions are answered directly from the source.</p>

<p>Academically - both are very competitive</p>

<p>Size - Binghamton has more than 2x as many students as Geneseo</p>

<p>Location - Binghamton is in a city, Gen in a small town - also not the difference in access, Binghamton is about 3 - 3.5 hrs from NYC, Geneseo is closer to Buffalo. Geneseo has a clear 'small town' feel with students focused a lot on studies. Binghamton has more to offer socially.</p>

<p>Majors - Binghamton has more in science and engineering. It does have the same liberal arts majors as Geneseo, but in Gen you will find a higher % off students studying education and more classical liberal arts subjects</p>

<p>Sports - Bing is Div I and <strong>aspiring</strong> to be a national contender in BBall and a few other areas (trying to increase its reputation). Gen is Div III, sports are not in the spotlight (though ice hockey is big) </p>

<p>Diversity - prob more in Binghamton</p>

<p>Costs - same</p>

<p>Weather - both have long, often gray, winters : (</p>