geneseo vs. Nazareth

<p>Hi--My son was accepted into Nazareth and waitlisted into Geneseo. Just curious as to what experiences people have with both schools since they are so close in distance. Wondering if we should wait to go to Geneseo (spring admit) or attend Naz and what the differences are between the two colleges. Cost difference is not too high since we have a scholarship to Naz.</p>

<p>Know lots of happy kids at Nazareth. Obviously it is not as competitive to get into, so the student body at Geneseo will have higher stats. Doesn’t mean that they are getting a better education there! If your son likes Naz, I would say go for it!</p>

<p>How does your son feel about it? Has he been to both for visits?</p>

<p>Depends on the type of student he is. My collegues daughter transferred from Naz. to Geneseo in Jan. Reasons given were: 1) a more serious academic enviorment 2) more to do on weekends…she thought an inordinate number of Naz students were not on campus most weekends. After one semester she is glad she transferred.</p>

<p>Thank you for your feedback. I am thinking that it might be better for him to start at Geneseo now that he has the opportunity to do so. Naz seems very quaint–but very very small.</p>