Geneseo vs. well-known private

<p>I'm a junior in CNY and am considering Geneseo for the class of 2012 but one of my main concerns is name recognition and job connections that I'll have if I attend Geneseo opposed to a well-known private school. Any idea what I should do?</p>

<p>What do you want to do? Geneseo has excellent name recognition in Upstate NY and is reasonably well-known Downstate. Less so in Boston, DC, Philadelphia, LA etc.</p>

<p>same position... considering geneseo and Emory. Not sure if the weight of the school name is worth the extra money. Grad school aspirations may push me towards the school with name recognition</p>

<p>especially if you plan on going to grad school, save the huge sum of money and go to grad school. No one cares where you went to undergrad if you go onto grad school, and Genny is already well known in academia, and hell by 2012, it may become of the premiere liberal arts colleges in the country, especially with its amazingly low tuition, even for out of state kids. Geneseo is probably the best deal in the nation unless you live in CA and get into Berkeley or UCLA</p>