Geneseo's Business School

<p>I'm thinking about transferring from SUNY Oswego to SUNY Geneseo. I'll be majoring in accounting. I'm just wondering if Geneseo has a reputable business school and a good accounting program. Oswego seems to have a lot more majors available, and Geneseo seems to only have business admin. and accounting, so I would be limited. Would it be worth it to transfer from Oswego to Geneseo, since Geneseo is ranked overall as a better school? </p>

<p>Can anyone give me any advice please?</p>

<p>I have the same issue as you. I want to go to Geneseo for accounting as well but I need to prove to my parents that it has a reputable business school or else I have to stay home for school…
someone please answer!! </p>

<p>me three…same situation exactly as kabayev1</p>

<p>My S and I went for a campus visit last summer. One of our tour guides was a B school student and seemed very happy with the B school. It is a small LAC, and hence not comparable probably in any department to a large university B school, but if you want a small college, this could be a good choice.</p>

<p>Undergrad I think it’s fine, not a place for an MBA !</p>

<p>Geneseo’s business school is AACSB accredited, as is Oswego’s. That is an important accreditation, something employers look for. I think on Geneseo’s campus you will find more serious students, which can be a very enriching environment. On the other hand, Oswego’s school of business does have more options, which is not an issue if you definitely want to do accounting, but would be an issue if you want to focus on Finance, for example.</p>