George Washington Regular Decision 2026

Thought its time for an RD thread.

5 Likes

Has anybody applied …and not gotten portal email back yet ?

We applied 11/1. Portal took about a week and 3 more weeks for them to show everything was there.

2 Likes

My D22 applied in September sometime. Everything has been received in her portal. A good friend of hers was accepted ED.

Applied December RD, She contacted AO when didn’t get portal and they said they were processing. She got it a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Didn’t see this thread! Anyone know historically when GW decisions are released? DD is OOS and just loved the school. My sister went to GW for law school and stayed in DC permanently, not far from the school.

2 Likes

…disregard

Last year emails went out Friday, March 26 at 3 pm. That thread said decisions historically released on Fridays. Perhaps March 25 this year?

5 Likes

For yield proposes, Please remember to withdraw your applications if you no longer considering a college, as a courtesy to those left.

1 Like

Anyone know when RD decisions will be released?

It was very end of March last year. I think the 26th.

1 Like

These have been the trends for the past 4 years:
2018: 26th Monday 5pm

2019: 21st Wednesday

2020: 20th Friday

2021: 26th Friday

I think we can expect them on the 25th (Friday)

2 Likes

Do merit scholarship offers come with the offer of admission, or are they released eariler, like at some other schools?

I believe, with your decision letter

1 Like

Last year my son’s came in his decision letter.

1 Like

Super stressed about this. DD was deferred from her ED1 and this is her second choice. She’s been waitlisted from Pitt and Clemson, so I don’t have high hopes for anything at this point. She’s super deflated. Decision day can’t come soon enough.

It is pretty stressful. GW is my daughter’s second choice as well. She was waitlisted ED2 at JHU. She’s got a couple of other choices, but she really wants to be in the DC area. I believe, though, as I’ve heard so many people say, that where she lands will be the ideal place for her. I’m totally believing that for my daughter. But you’re right, decision day needs to get here already.

1 Like

Yes, I fully believe DD will make the best of where she is, but this has been a brutal, perplexing process. I’ve scratched my head a few times lol

I cannot agree more. And according to all of the admissions blogs, this is the most “competitive” year in their history, ie: the most brutal. It’s exhausting.

most competitive year in GW history or in general?

1 Like