George Washington University Class of 2025 (ED1/2/RD)

I got into PSP as well! Are you considering doing it?

Same here! Are you considering doing it?

AW i LOVE that. Makes you come off as a very thoughtful person. Nice!!

1 Like

wait I just got a call from admissions asking if I had any questions ab finances?

1 Like

yes!

The financial aid portion doesnt show my scholarship, is this the case for anyone else too?

1 Like

I was rejected but offered a place in the Paris Scholars Program. Not sure if I will do it, mostly due to cost concerns for GWU tuition and costs.

I’m pretty bummed out about the rejection, hopefully, things work out I suppose.

Some stats:
32 ACT, 1390 SAT (Both 97th Percentile)
4.28 Weighted, 3.51 Unweighted
IB Diploma Candidate, Spanish SL (6) Math SL (5) Business SL History HL English HL Biology HL
Various AP Classes

Strong Essays

Really Strong EC’s (Various leadership positions, over all years of HS, varied but focused) I.e. Speech and Debate Captain, Clarinet Section Leader, MUN Founder, Young Dems VP, Political Organizing, Schools Newspaper Managing Editor. Volunteering and paid work.

I think I applied as undecided.

(If anyone has any insight on why I might’ve been rejected, I welcome it with open arms, the decision was a little crushing for me)

But really big congrats to everyone that got in :slight_smile: Maybe I will see some of you if I end up doing the Paris Program!

when you say strong essays , did it show that GW was a place that you would want to be? Also undecided might not have helped? Where in the Country do you live? Your stats were not bad . Did you need lots of financial aid?

Do you wanna connect on instagram or facebook? I’d love to talk to someone who is also interested in the PSP! My insta is @mayasampath facebook is the same.

Hi! I also was offered the PSP and am very interested in it! Lmk if you’d wanna connect. My insta is @mayasampath

Me as well! I’d love to connect with someone who is also interested. My insta is @mayasampath

Hi, for strong essays, yes, I definitely talked about specifics that GWU could offer for my passions and goals, and the specific opportunities offered. I live in the US, Arizona to be precise. I applied for need-based aid but all I was offered (from every other school so far) was a single unsubsidized loan, so I doubt that was an issue.

But yeah, I doubt undecided was super helpful. I was undecided Arts and Sciences as a first choice and Public Health as an alternate. I even applied for the 7 year BA/MD on top of that, but I was rejected from that too (obviously haha)

Will do, thanks!

suprised you were not wait listed then.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if GW is hosting any in person tours for admitted students? For self-guided tours, are buildings open?

nope and nope

For those of who got accepted, how did u find out which major you guys are studying? I can’t find any information about my major…:frowning:

My D letter says you are accepted to the Colombian School of Arts & Sciences. It does not mention any major.

Apart from the scholarship mention in the acceptance letter, is the financial overview out and if so where can i find it?

I don’t think it came out… Mine says still under review in Gweb