George Washington University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

This year, the Early Decision (ED) deadline for the George Washington University is November 1.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

For my son, 3.88 unweighted GPA, 1430 SATs, 4 AP exams (4 in APUSH and APES at a Junior, taking APUSGOV and AP PSYCH at a Senior). ECs include President of Mock Trial, founder of an Environmental Club, remote tutoring of Ukranian students in English, intern for State Senator, and 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
Applying ED1 as Political Science.

Is it concerning that GW hasn’t downloaded my son’s application from the common app? He submitted in August. I can have him email them to check if you guys think there is something wrong. Thanks for any advice you have.

Wouldn’t hurt to email the AO but I wouldn’t be concerned. They may simply have not started downloading applications yet. It’s still very early.

1 Like

3.50 UW (3.71 W), ECs include Suicide Hotline Counselor, Multiple leadership roles in a non-profit, club founder and president, journalism, mental health advocacy.
Applying ED1 as Human Services/Social Justice

Does anyone know when 2022 GW ED 1 for Fall 2023 Decisions will come out?

Have you visited the school’s website?

It mentions the timeline right there :point_up_2:

1 Like

They say late December…
It’s typically before the winter recess… It was Thursday 12/16 last year, Thursday 12/17 in 2020… so I strongly suspect Thursday 12/15 this year. Lots of school release on 12/15…
It could possibly go into the next week. It wouldn’t be later than 12/22.

Did they announce accepted students days yet for GW?

Last year accepted student dates were not announced until after RD decisions went out (March 28th). They began in April. (I have a current freshman at GW.)

1 Like

Thanks! @ccparent23
How is your kid’s freshman year going? Any good or bad things about GW worth mentioning? (My daughter applied RD).

My daughter has had an amazing freshman year so far. My older son goes to a more traditional college. GW is not the traditional college but perfect for my daughter. She wanted urban. Only critical thing is the dining. I was upset that they did not have any traditional dining halls open in August and kids got points to use at some neighboring restaurants, etc. Now a dining hall is open and they are mandating the dining plan for freshman. My daughter has really enjoyed the non traditional dining plan. Go figure. Good luck to your daughter.

2 Likes

Just saying hi to all others who are waiting on RD…

5 Likes

Anyone in this thread received ED acceptance and still received some scholarship at GWU? I am curious to know as we would like to apply as ED but would like to have some scholarship.