Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the official discussion thread for Georgetown Class of 2027 RD applicants. Ask your questions and connect with fellow applicants.

RD Application Deadline is: January 10

2 Likes

Does Georgetown mail the decisions this year?

Will there be acceptance packages?

1 Like

did every get asked for mid year grades?

2 Likes

yes.

2 Likes

Early Action Mom here, is there a separate thread for early action 2027 students? Specifically, we are wondering when to expect the financial aid package. Thanks!

I just went on Slate and saw that Georgetown had already decided on my application. Is this a good sign?

where do you see that on slate?

How do you get on slate?

1 Like

You just make an account and log in.

1 Like

I would really hesitate to rely on this.

3 Likes

Thiis means it’s not decided. There is no checkbox on ‘decided’.

No, it means it’s been decided. The blank circle shows where the application is at.
Mine doesn’t say it’s decided yet.

1 Like

Honestly, don’t you think they’re all decided by this point? I feel like admissions are now with FA for all these schools that release in mid-March through April 1.

Yes. I do think they’re all decided, except for borderline applicants, which they’re discussing right now in the final weeks of commitee sessions. They always overadmit and have to decide on a few ones that ultimately get rejected/waitlisted.

Honestly is this a good sign that it says decided on mine this early? I can dm you my stats if you want to know more.

mines showing the same. showing as decided

1 Like

I just created an account on Slate, but I don’t know what to make of it. It shows “complete” for most and “decided” for a few. However, the “complete” includes one schools where I’ve been admitted and another where I was denied, and yet those two schools should be in “decided.” So, what gives? BTW, Georgetown shows the same thing for me; so, I would just guess that the school has made a decision. We just don’t know what it is yet.

2 Likes

I think that at some schools they don’t update them often, but if it’s decided it is 100% decided.

1 Like

are decisions going to come out april 1st? any indication it will be earlier?

1 Like