Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

I have been getting USPS informed delivery for quite a while. The college mailings never show in the preview. It’s strange. So don’t jump to conclusions. Also, both the acceptance and rejection letters are in the same size envelope. The year my older kid was accepted, she received an email after the portal was updated. I saw here that decisions were in well before the email came out. Letter didn’t come in the mail for a couple of days. Lastly, my kid’s college counselor said it’s tomorrow. Fingers crossed everyone!

4 Likes

Oh thank you!

1 Like

They said Thursday or Friday to me when I called yesterday.

1 Like

See above - Thursday or Friday

We called Georgetown admissions today, they said decisions released tomorrow (Thurs) or Friday.

1 Like

I’m befuddled that a major university like this still doesn’t know the release date as of one day before it might happen. Are they really shaping out the class down to the last 50-100 students tonight and possibly tomorrow? DS really loves GT but is pretty nervous - as are thousands of others that are probably borderline like him. I’ll stop whining if he gets in.

6 Likes

College Kickstart has tomorrow at 5:00. Any idea why?

1 Like

Never mind! They took that info down.

Can’t believe Georgetown is going as late–if not later-than Ivies. First time?

1 Like

May be they received way more than expected number of applications.

1 Like

I can’t believe it either.

Someone here said the physical letters that arrive earlier (I.e. on the day of the official decision release) tend to be acceptances, while the ones that arrive later tend to be waitlists or rejections. Can anyone confirm this?

last year for RD they sent out an email about 2 hours before decisions were sent

to add to this — does anyone see anything with informed delivery? :eyes:

can anyone see a letter from them in their informed delivery. I cant

1 Like

do you?

i dont

Yes, it shows a regular sized envelope from them as coming tomorrow.

1 Like

Omg really! That’s great, hopefully an acceptance :slight_smile:

how do you see what is coming tomorrow. i only see what is coming today…