Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

Oh my gosh. Are you legacy and they took one then rejected the next? We have a letter coming today and was hoping for good news, but now wondering. Our oldest got a small envelope days after acceptance in the portal in 2021.

No legacy. Daughter accepted, second kid rejected (but wasn’t surprised), third kid applying now. Just giving my two cents fwiw

Thanks! I just saw the Gtown in your name and assumed. I should really stay off this site. Good luck!

1 Like

As a counter to that, and probably just trying to be hopeful, my DD’s acceptance letter in 2021 was just a single letter in a regular envelope–that would have been normal postage, right? Just a few more hours. Good luck everyone!

My husband made the account when our daughter was going through it, lol. Probably better to stay off the site because it seems like the speculation is driving everyone a bit crazy! Just trying to give some insight because of past experience, but in the end we won’t really know until decisions are released! Good luck to everyone

2 Likes

I am not legacy.

1 Like

omg thank god <3

1 Like

Sounds like for now people who get the mail notice are with locations relatively close to dc? Like dmv and tristate?

dmv and no mail alert here!

2 Likes

DMV and no mail alert here either

Panther_1986 Did your daughter get her letter before or after her portal acceptance?

My daughter received a large envelope from an accepted school on Monday. I just went back and saw that it was never on Informed Delivery. Their scans and reporting seem hit or miss.

3 Likes

We are DMV area and have one coming.

2 Likes

At this point, no point speculating. If anyone gets the mail please update. till then, let’s all hope for the best.

4 Likes

You said your daughter in 2021 got a small envelope acceptance letter. Just wondering if it came before or after portal acceptance? Also, was it to Georgetown? Supposedly they like siblings. None of the other schools my son was accepted to sent letters of acceptance until after the portal decisions were out. I’ve clearly hopped onto the speculation train - sorry! I guess we can all compare notes later and see

Does all this mail basically confirm its coming out Thursday Evening EST?

2 Likes

For EA some people got acceptance letters before portal decisions

Yes, Georgetown. And I am pretty sure it came after. I was out of town, but she definitely found out by portal. Whether the letter came later that night (in the DMV, mail can be quite late) or a day or two later, I can’t quite remember, but I think it was a day or two later. It was definitely a very skinny, ordinary size letter.

1 Like

It is almost definitely today.

1 Like

Do you happen to remember how much the postage was? A normal amount, higher, or lower?