Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

1550, valedictorian(1/510), 4.65 W, 14 APs, 6 DEs, paid job teaching kids to code, top 10 at DECA nationals, 2 sports(1 V and club, 1 club(top 10 in state)), board of STEM tutoring volunteer org, etc. not a bad start to ivy day, needed this after like 10 straight rejections and waitlists

5 Likes

I have a similar profile and the exact same grade and test scores! Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Congrats omg!! I’ve also won at ICDC. Are you going again this year?

2 Likes

Unfortunately no

wow, i would never make it into college these days. what an amazing student, and so frustrating to receive so many rejections and waitlists. same experience for my daughter, so many waitlists! congratulations to you!

2 Likes

That sucks, maybe we will see each other at Georgetown (if I get in) :laughing:

1 Like

it’s been very tough, all rejections from 4 rd and 1 ed2 but I have hope today!!

2 Likes

hi do u live close to dc?

1 Like

Northern nj

thanks! congrats!!!

1 Like

We called admissions just now; they said decisions will be released at 6:30pm EST today

1 Like

They sent an email saying 6pm

3 Likes

Hi, admissions said all acceptance letters were mailed out on Monday 3/27. So some students received the letters in the mail today :slight_smile:

1 Like

has anyone from ct gotten an acceptance letter in the mail? can you still get in without receiving the letter today?

yes the letters take time to be delivered. don’t worry just check the portal later today.

1 Like

Did they say acceptance letters specifically, or letters in general?

2 Likes

when youre looking at the email from georgetown saying decisions come at six in your inbox without clicking on it, does anyone elses say something about faculty of language and linguistics?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t know why mine says that when I applied McDonough

1 Like

Yes. But not there once you click through. Not to worry.

1 Like

Deleted