Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

Would internationals even receive the text?

1 Like

Ours moved to Decided on 3/14, but no text.

1 Like

Slate is still at ā€œIn Progressā€ and even clicking on it shows ā€œIn Progress.ā€

Seems like Slate and my GT app didnā€™t link or something funky is going on

I think there is no way that Georgetown would send a text like that by mistake. Iā€™m really doubtful that it means much sorry to say.

Also there are still a few weeks left before decisions are announced so I would imagine that they are in final committees for the next week and sorting out FA.

Good luck to everyone. Hoya Saxa!

2 Likes

Delete

My daughter didnā€™t get the text about the fire the other day. Her Slate app still shows up in the ā€œCompletedā€ column, but when you click on it, it is bubbled out to ā€œDecidedā€. Iā€™m guessing that is what everyone who thinks they are denied is seeing.

1 Like

mine still shows In-Progress. Othersā€™ shows decided. I donā€™t think it means anything.

2 Likes

My slate also shows ā€œIn Progress.ā€ Maybe itā€™s just because the progress hasnā€™t been uploaded yet

3 Likes

Totally agree. I donā€™t think any of this is indicative of a positive or rejection or WL decision.

Thank goodness April 1st is around the corner.

My daughter got burned on the Florida early welcome email, received it but didnā€™t get in. I am not even going to ask her about the text.

Does anyone know when decisions released for Georgetown?

Last year, Georgetown released on the last Tuesday of the month. So, maybe it would be about a week from Tuesday? Just a thought.

2 Likes

Did anyone else get the HOYAlert text from the automatic georgetown system?

1 Like

what does the text say?

1 Like

Yes - DC is an applicant in RD. Is this a sign of acceptance?

it said
HOYAlert: This is a test of the Universityā€™s emergency alerting system; please see your email for further details. Reply ā€œSTOPā€ to opt-out of SMS/Text alerts.

1 Like

Yes - also RD applicant. Text from same number as the alert system from another college to which she already received acceptance.

1 Like

EA students - do you know which days in April the accepted student days will be ?

Yikesā€¦ I did not receive that text message. I had high hopes for Georgetown too :sob:

Deleted

1 Like

What school did your kid apply to? I applied to Mcdonough.

1 Like

Deleted