Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

That sucks, I do think that there’s a possibility that they are not done making all their decisions, or loading all the decisions into whatever platform they use to make those alerts. Hoping for the best for both of us!

Deleted

1 Like

My DS received the text yesterday but did not get the one that people received few days ago …I would not read much into these things… we are almost there, wait for decision. Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

Would an international receive the text. I am not sure whether or not that would happen.

I don’t think so

1 Like

Thank god.

So was there an email? I just cannot believe Georgetown would make an error of this sort…adding accepted applicants into an alert system ahead of the decisions coming out.

1 Like

This seems very irresponsible. Especially since that system is only for current students.

It doesn’t make sense. Even if accepted, that doesn’t mean student will go there. I would be annoyed if all the accepted schools started doing this.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Very annoying indeed.

yeah i’m international and didn’t receive one. it also i think depends on whether or not your opted to receive texts or not

I don’t think I did. I just had an interview, which never happens in my region so that’s why I was concerned.

Another one

All this news of fires is kinda concerning tbh

2 Likes

We also just got this second one.

For posters above -
we didn’t get the first one posted in the thread
we got the Test text yesterday
we got the Fire Evacuation test today.
Applicant to SFS.

There’s clearly a snafu, as they shouldn’t add people to this emergency system before families have formally enrolled.

I suppose we can all share after decision day the combined “text-decision” outcome to see if there was a connection.

1 Like

no email - just emergency texts

Are they even real alerts? How many fires can one school have?!

1 Like

Also got text today and now a phone call saying the fire is out.

text that fire is out AND a phone call - I supposed I will know the heartbeat of Georgetown’s campus safety until we get a decision (or DC makes a decision) that prompts me to get off that distribution

This fire today must be a real event…

Yes! Child was in class and stepped out to take it because it showed up as “Georgetown”. Alerts from other school have all been weather related.