Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

Wait, is it just the applicant who is getting the texts or are you as the parent getting them too?

1 Like

These texts are real. My daughter is a current senior at Georgetown and I asked her. My son is applying currently and he hasn’t gotten them, so I don’t know what’s going on

1 Like

Hum
This astrology is pretty real

Deleted
Apologies
I

1 Like

Yeah, I had some hope for this
oh well

2 Likes

I wouldn’t read too much into it. It’s impossible to believe that Georgetown emergency management actually uploaded the phone numbers of admitted students into their database. It’s just some strange accident very likely completely unrelated to admitted status.

7 Likes

You’re right. Sorry.

2 Likes

Deleted

We didn’t get the texts either, but I wouldn’t worry.

2 Likes

SMH.

Just drop this. You’re not doing anything to help the situation other than to instill more unease and anxiety into a group of young adults who already have enough to deal with. You should be ashamed of yourself. Grow up.

7 Likes

Have to agree. There are many reasons for technical glitches. U of Florida is a perfect example — I know an applicant who got in yet never received that early “Welcome” email that others received. And there is nothing gained by these posts — the decisions will come out soon enough and they are the only things to rely upon.

3 Likes

You’re right. I deleted and I apologize

2 Likes

The only way to know a decision is when it’s officially out in the application portal.
I am alarmed at how many people are stressing over things like forms in FA portal, dates on them, mailing address/permanent address across CC. It’s ridiculous and does no good to anyone. Enjoy these last few weeks of senior year. In no time the official decisions will come out.

6 Likes

if you marked “I consent to receiving text messages” on your application, then you received the safety text notification re: the fire. there’s no deeper meaning to it. if you check yes to receive texts when you applied then that phone number automatically goes into the emergency/safety/weather warning notification system. that’s it. it’s a HOYAlert account–an emergency notification system–NOT an admissions account.

3 Likes

Removed

1 Like

Very well said

Totally agree. Georgetown should be made aware of this and respond. Too much reliance on technology with the process and too many opportunities for things to slip, whether they’re significant or not.

2 Likes

Also, the phone calls and texts are just kinda annoying.

1 Like

is there evidence of this claim?

1 Like

We just opened the app and while they collect numbers, I don’t see a specific opt in for text messaging. Other schools have the opt in for texts and we received “applicant appropriate” texts from those schools. Not sure that theory holds water.