Georgetown Class of 2027 Official Thread

yes i have decided, its been like that for at least two weeks now

Click on the school. It might show decided even though it is not shown in the decided tab.

1 Like

At this late of the game, kid got an American voices award from scholastic writing a couple of days ago. it is a national award, is it worthwhile to send them an update? I honestly have lost hope for getting in a top 25 school, seems like applying at RD round adds more challenges. Also with the text incident, I donā€™t have much expectations. Anyone in a similar boat of having some recent information and wonder if it will be helpful to send? I know it is very very lateā€¦

1 Like

My guess is it is really not worth sending at this time. I would assume all the decisions are made at this time and they are not re-evaluating any decisions.

On the plus side its a nice update to include on any LOCI for any waitlist she might be on

2 Likes

Yeah, thanks for the advice! I agree.

1 Like

the text thing was resolved earlier in the thread, donā€™t worry about it! Best of luck to your kid!

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words! Best luck to you as well!!

The decided, when I click on GT, isnā€™t checked. Still says applicant in the ā€˜completeā€™ section. Iā€™m assuming waitlist or denial.

1 Like

it doesnā€™t have to be checked, but is the blue outline circle on decided. for me complete is filled in. decided has a larger outline circle which means it is on decided

We are also still in ā€œApplicantā€ status on Slate, not ā€œDecidedā€ yet. Do we think this is a bad sign?

have you clicked on the school?

Yes - looks like this

that indicates the application is decided on.

2 Likes

Sounds like lots of kidsā€™ app looks like this now, in completed tab, shown as applicant, click on school, it is at decided stage with circle.

3 Likes

Ahhh, ok. Others for which she has received decisions (acceptances) already show ā€œDecidedā€ in the Table view.

3 Likes

Delete

My son hasnā€™t checked Slate because honestly has no interest in knowing before decisions are released. And wants to see the decision without tea leaves which I respect.

But are you all saying this?

On Slate:

• Decided means accepted
  • Complete means WL or rejection?

My son said 3 weeks ago that Georgetown and 50% of the other schools he applied to werenā€™t even on Slate for him.

Totally agree here. I think at this stage all decisions have been made. Save any significant updates for a LOCI if necessary.

I donā€™t think decided necessarily means accepted. My son has a decided under a school. He got denied from. Not sure what it all means though. Ours still says applicant. ???

1 Like

every school uses it differently, but i think decided just means a decision has been made. it could accept or reject

2 Likes