Georgetown Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I actually enjoy taking standardized tests lolol… The CollegeBoard has always treated me well :pray: (even though they are a terrible organization in general)

I despise standardized tests, they’re going to be my downfall tbh…

Nah my EA schools I’ve applied to are Indiana University, St John’s University, (already got accepted to both), Georgetown, Fordham, Tulane, UChicago, and Babson

Frrr it is my dream school but I know that everything happens for a reason and that we will all end up where we are meant to be so I am so proud of y’all and the places you’ll go :slight_smile:

no literally if I get financial aid from Georgetown I will withdraw all my other apps and commit to GU

1 Like

yea that’s valid, esp since GU is utilizing a holistic approach. My score is def a reach score (I got a 1350) but I really hope my grades, ECs, resume, essays, and LORs help me. I had a 3 hour interview so hopefully that helps in my app

me too, idec if i get into yale or whatever.

me too, i got a 31 on the act which is equivalent of a 1430. i think everything else will out weight it though.

3 hours??

My interviewer was a really nice and talkative cat lady and I probably learned more about her than I should’ve lol

Yeah that’s crazy (in a good way!), my interviewer set a strict 50-minute limit at the start and it didn’t feel like long enough haha

idk why but I feel like I have to see all my applications through to the end. I’ve already submitted all 21 of mine, and I worked hard enough on the essays that I want to get results for everything and know everywhere I got in lol

yeah my interviewer said it’s policy that they don’t go over an hour

no me too, i’ll mentally withdraw from all of them but i want to see where i get in

Damn that’s awesome! I still have the last 3 of my 25 to submit and then I am free of college apps

My interviewer and I had literally nothing in common (I think she majored in a performing arts-adjacent field?) , so it was a bit of a struggle to connect with her but I really tried my best. Personally I tried to use the interview to really exhibit depth in my ECs because Georgetown’s app makes it a bit hard to do so (their EC section is so annoying tbh…basically forces you to submit a resume)

rip my interviewer broke policy tho she told me she has done this with others as well from my area so it must be a tendency of hers

Technically I still have to submit a few things for American’s various opportunities, but I’ll never have to check all those darn boxes on the Common App again

I did submit a resume but the section before that is def annoying like I had to put some of mine under the “other” section

yo that’s a good university, DC is a vibe