Georgetown for Pre-med?

Hi! I’m interested in applying to Georgetown University. However, I don’t know much about the pre-med path there. How hard is it to maintain a high GPA (is their grade deflation or weed out classes)? Are clinical opportunities accessible? The early assurance program seems enticing, but I’m not sure how competitive it is. I would appreciate any advice!!

You can fulfill the required courses for medical school admissions at just about any college in this country (arts conservatories excluded). I guess I have to ask…why Georgetown?

4 Likes

It’s close to home, and I thought that DC would open up a lot of opportunities. I also really like the neurobiology major and research opportunities, and emphasis on volunteering.

1 Like

I hope you have a lot of other options beside Georgetown. You can achieve your goals at many colleges. The acceptance %age at GTown isn’t very high…so please have some other options to consider.

If you provide your stats (GPA, and SAT or ACT scores) folks here can give you some excellent suggestions.

@AustenNut where else can this student find these majors?

3 Likes

Great if you can get in. But there’s lots of schools in the DC area…if you don’t. It’s not Gtown or bust. And the EAP typically takes 5-8 of 10-22 applicants. Or you take the MCAT and try and go the old fashioned way.

1 Like

These are some colleges with majors in neurobiology or some variation thereof. But don’t get too attached to the name of the major…other schools may have similar offerings under neuroscience or bio or an individualized major, etc:
https://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/?s=all&p=26.1599+26.1504+26.1503&l=93&ct=1+2&ic=1

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.