Georgia Tech Admissions Fall 2022

Applying regular decision to Georgia Tech in 2022? This is the spot for the future class of 2026 to ask questions, swap stats, and share news and admissions updates with others applying to Georgia Tech.

How does your application compare to students admitted last year? Take a look at the info below and then share your stats, activities and more.

Georgia Tech 2021 Admissions Statistics
Mean Unweighted GPA 4.1
Admitted Students in Top 10% of Graduating Class 88%
Mean SAT Score 1436
Admissions Test Policy Test scores are considered and required
Applicants Submitting SATs 71%
Applicants Submitting ACTs 51%
Waitlist Yes

A Note on Admissions Data: We get our data from Peterson’s. If some of the numbers look off, this wiki-post allows registered CC members to edit, update, or add useful information, like important dates, deadlines and admissions statistics. If you have updated statistics from a trustworthy source, feel free to update this post. To make changes, just click Edit in the lower right corner.

To learn more about academics, student life, tuition and aid, or admissions at Georgia Tech, visit their school profile on CC College Search.

A mean unweighted GPA of 4.1 seems pretty meaningless in a world of 4.0 grading scales.

USNews, presumably the source of the 1436 SAT (though they actually have 1437), says it’s a 3.9.

1 Like

Yes I read that and I was like say what!!
Don’t have a student apply but Go Jackets!!! Good luck to all applying.

Does GT ask all the RD applicants to apply for financial aid? Or only to a few applicants who are likely to be accepted? Thanks for your response.

All applicants are invited to apply for financial aid. It is not an indication of acceptance chances.

Note: I said “invited” because applying for financial aid is not a requirement.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

is it possible for a regular decision applicant to get a decision during the EA acceptance cycles?

I don’t think so.

No.

So, just to ask, when do regular decisions generally come out? In the past years have they come out before April 1st?

Will a B+ in AP calc ab affect my chances ?

I have a good chance from my stats till now or so I believe, I hope my essays were good enough. I’m applying for engineering to GT
They asked for mid year senior grades I’m ending AP calc ab with a b+ everything else is A or A- including AP physics, comsci I think will end in A although not sure yet my teacher still hasnt put in any grades. Also since I’m oos and RD I’m skeptical.

No way to really tell. They will look at the rigor (AB versus BC) as well as the grade. They have a holistic review process so they will also be putting a lot of emphasis on leadership positions, service to community, research, placing in national/international academic competitions, etc.

A B+will certainly not disqualify you. The out-of-state admit rate for GeorgiaTech for early action was 12% so a difficult admit for all students.

March 19th last year, iirc(?). I’ve lightly pencilled in the 18th.

EDIT: EA2 announcement says

Regular Decision admission announcements will go out in late March.

so I’ll add 25th right next to the 18th.

Given that EA2 decisions were a week later this year vs last, 25th is quite likely.

If you did not get offered any merit aid at this point, is there still any chance of receiving it?

There is almost no merit aid at Georgia Tech and I think what there is has already gone out.

1 Like

Which day do regular decisions come out?

Last year they were announced on 3/13. The prior year, 3/14.

So my best guess for this year is 3/12.

later march

1 Like