Georgia Tech Deferred applicants thread

That is awesome! Good for him! Not a bad spot to be in at all.

My D is waiting until the bitter end to make a decision. She has 5 RD decisions in March. She has merit at all of her acceptances (if you count Hope/Zell as “merit”) but one (yeah, I’m talking to you UVA) and has been deferred/waitlisted at two. She is a finalist for a full ride at another so that would be a game changer. Otherwise, we will be doing the big comparison and perhaps some last minute tours in April. She is happy to have choices. She sounds like your son… she’ll be happy at any of the schools she applied to.

One thing I will say about the waiting game, it has been fascinating watching her list of her top choices morph as she has interacted with other accepted students and “felt the love” (or not) from the schools. Since we are on the GT thread, I’ll mention that it really moved up her list. It’s probably top 3 with the main negative being that it is 15 minutes from home. I have a feeling the next couple months may be a wild ride.

1 Like

You would be amazed how many GT kids are 15 minutes from home and never see their parents :). I get that though - that is a negative for UGA for my senior.

My senior son has spent a fair amount of time there since his brother is there but never taken an official tour which is a shame. He has walked much of the campus though (my younger two got bored during a tailgate last fall and went roaming:)). That is one of his favorite things about it - not sprawling, don’t need to ride a bus to get around (my GT son has never stepped foot on one), etc.

Good luck to your daughter - and thank goodness this will soon be over!

1 Like

So, does anyone know how deferred acceptance rates should be looking this year? (Factoring in yield/EA stats)?

Hey guys I was deferred from EA2 (I’m an OOS student). On the oscar, if you go to student services and financial aid and look at the menu, do you guys see something called student authorization. When I click it, it talks about authorizing federal financial aid. I don’t remember if I saw this, and missed it when I was deferred, and I was wondering if anyone else saw the same thing?

I see the same thing, and I don’t recall seeing it before.

I also have it now

Probably it’s the same for everyone. I don’t recall anything there previously.

3 Likes

Yea I think so too, I just don’t remember seeing it until recently either.

Anyone know how many total were deferred from EA1 and EA2?

For EA2 it was arnd 5100
(23% of EA2 applicants)

Likely same for EA1. Roughly 20 percent deferred in years past. So 6500 or so plus RD.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

yall should check the regular decision thread. there’s a lot of suspicion and stuff going on.

Lol That’s all speculation All it does is add stress. Would reccomend waiting a day instead of relying on “suspicion”

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission