Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Accepted OOS WGPA 4.44, 1500 SAT, NHRP, tons of EC’s applied to Engineering

4 Likes

D got accepted to the Arts and Sciences Pathway for Fall 22 Transfer.
OOS, 1440, 4.8, 12 APs, 4/201
Math Major.

Is it better to be offered a pathway or get deferred?

3 Likes

DD deferred - OOS, 3.9, 1510, 7AP - Bio

Accepted!!! Architecture

7 Likes

Son rejected for COE/Mechanical Engineering

OOS
3.95 GPA
1560 SAT
Class VP
Civil Air Patrol Officer
Robotics Team Leader
7 APs/8 Honors
Varsity Baseball, Hockey, Sailing
1st Grade Tutor
Paid Internship
Lots of other ECs

Congrats to all who got in and good luck to those who were deferred.

OOS accepted for business.

3 Likes

DHark!!! Congrats! Add this to your MechE decision thread :slight_smile: Your decision just got a little tougher… in a good way!

2 Likes

Son deferred Materials Science engineering
OOS CA
35 ACT, 3.97UW/4.4W (no APs allowed until jr year)

did you get rejected or deferred?

S22 Deferred Math OOS/36/4.6W/3.95UW/9 APs

Accepted! Applied to Mech Eng (although acceptance letter does not mention major) ; OOS (NJ) and ORM; 3.97UW GPA/ 1560 SAT; EC’s included engineering and non-engineering stuff. Only JV sports.

7 Likes

Deferred means you still have a chance to go in fall 2022. Pathway is guaranteed admission for 2023 if you satisfy their requirements

I meant to say Arts and Sciences Pathway for Fall 23 transfer

1 Like

To add, pathways just give another option but not anything you need to decide until at the earliest you are enrolling for classes at your final school. Even then, no decision needs to be made until the transfer applications are due. Both my son and his current roommate entered their school believing they were going to transfer to Georgia Tech. Both of them decided not even to file a transfer application. My son was given a admissions pathway off the waitlist.

1 Like

Good grief, my DS feels fortunate to have been accepted given an incredibly talented pool as well as a few recent deferrals. I don’t see anything about accepted students visit opportunities. Anyone know if any structured programming occurring?
Fingers crossed to those who were deferred and I know all will find a perfect fit!

3 Likes

Rejected
OOS
CS Major (Econ second major)
1470 SAT
3.97 UW / 4.54 W
Very strong course rigor
AI internship as well as a few other CS internships

Accepted!

5.37 W / 3.97 UW 5/811
1560/35 NMSF
Solid ECs (4 year varsity athlete, 2x national champion in academic EC)
Job
Decent volunteer history

Thrilled.

12 Likes

In state son received a Conditional Acceptance Offer for the Transfer Pathways Program, Summer 2023.

4.0 GPA, 33 ACT, AP’s, sports/extracurriculars, applied for aerospace.
Not a legacy.

He must complete 30 semester hours with specified prerequisites, establish overall and math/lab science gpa of 3.3 gpa or above. If all criteria are met by deadlines, he’s guaranteed admittance for Summer 2023.

1 Like

Took some time for us to figure out. The letter doesn’t list the major and can be found in Oscar site in admissions section

3 Likes

Accepted…CS, OOS, 1550, 45IB, National sport, strong ECs

8 Likes