Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

D22, OOS, 1550/3.85uw, 10 APs - accepted (biomedical engineering)

2 Likes

Curious what percentage of EA2 normally get deferred at Ga Tech?

Same here. There was a lot of anxiety at our household, after a deferral from UMich and reject from UT Austin.

1 Like

Deferred. D applied for CS, OOS, 3.927UW/34ACT, max’ed out AP, took community college classes (as HS Jr) and university classes (as a HS SR), captain robotics team, taught coding in summer, paid internship. Didn’t realize GT is this selective!

D22 deferred. She got in UMC, UMichigan and UMD, all CS major. A little surprised that she didn’t get acceptance

D22 Accepted for MechE
OOS
GPA 4.0
11 APs
SAT 1560/ACT 35
Lots of ECs, athlete, musician

Good luck to all those deferred!

7 Likes

Son accepted
11 Ap’s
1440SAT
4.0UW GPA

6 Likes

congrats

D22 was accepted during EA1 and they emailed her information about admitted visits. You can register via admission portal.

3 Likes

Thank you. She also is not a legacy so kind of surprised as We read the pathways are often reserved for legacies.

this is the same thing i got lol im confused whether i got outright rejected or if it was deferral

Deferred-COE, 4.0 UW, 1540, tons of EC’s both engineering and nonengineering , Commended
actually feeling honored to be deferred in this highly competitive pool. You’re all amazing! Yay us!

4 Likes

S22 deferred (also deferred from Northeastern and UMichigan)
Business
3.86UW/4.8W
35ACT
13 APs
4 yrs varsity athlete, musician, club treas, community service, multiple PT jobs

1 Like

DS OOS Deferred for Mech Engineering
Accepted at Purdue FYE and UT Austin Mechanical Engineering

1 Like

same thing i got

1 Like

congrats

1 Like

We received similar offer for computer science major.Is this guaranteed admission for 2023 ?
What happens to all the credits earned via AP courses
 any experience with this

2 Likes

Yes it’s guaranteed acceptance as long as pre-requisites/gpa/deadlines met. I don’t know about transferring AP credits.

2 Likes

D22 F, W, OOS

Deferred for CS

4.0 UW
1st in class of 600+
7 AP 5’s to date, 5 more this year
3x AIME qualifier
Math teacher, head of dept., shared “top 10 of my career” LoR
Essays unknown.

GT is highly selective. They have over 50k applications for 3500 spots. They are ranked top 5 in the country in every engineering major offered and #1 in several. CS is competitive at every school these days. OOS acceptance rate is around 14 percent and RD acceptance rate was 11 percent last year.

6 Likes