Georgia Tech Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

First-Generation Transfer here. Question, is it guaranteed if you meet the requirements?

2 Likes

Admitted :slight_smile:
OOS - VA
3.99/4.33
SAT 1510 Submitted
AP Phys 2 and Calc BC were highest math and science. Lots of other AP, Honors, DE
Eagle Scout, Varsity sports, 4 month Engr internships

5 Likes

Rejected OOS

Well this the end of the line :confused:

Thank you to everyone on here who has helped me!

Wish you all the best of luck !!

Accepted - OOS

3 Likes

accepted. OOS. Industrial Design

3 Likes

My S was Deferred. Did anyone get an admit for CS?

2 Likes

For some reason GaTech likes Eagle Scouts. My DS and his Friends from the DC area at GaTech are all Eagle Scoutsā€¦

3 Likes

Deferred aero
OOS Bay Area Public HS
3.97UW, 4.65W 1550 SAT
17 AP/H/DE
Very good (but not aero) ECs

2 Likes

They call it a secure offer - but yes. Have to choose classes very carefully to be sure they transfer and satisfy the GT requirements.

1 Like

Same, deferred for Computer engineering

2 Likes

What ar the odds of getting into after being deferred?

1 Like

Someone said in earlier thread is 20% in the past.

1 Like

My D23 was rejected for CS.

Anyone know how many ed2 are typically accepted?

1 Like

Outcome of the myth ā€œGetting emails from Gtech for completing the financial aid documents is a sign of acceptanceā€ - Busted. My D23 got this email but was rejected.
Outcome of the myth ā€œLink to offer letter is a sign of acceptanceā€ - Plausible. My D23 did not see this link and was rejected.

1 Like

Which frankly is just based on the overall strength of their school of engineering as 2022 is the first year for their aero programā€¦ wont see its first 4-yr graduate for a few more years.

S23 Deferred for CompSci ā€¦ has already sent official MidTerm Transcript as of 1/11 (all As including AP CompSci and AP Calc AB) but it might not have been received in time to be considered. {sigh} The wait continuesā€¦

1 Like

OOS son got admitted to Aerospace engineering for Fall2023.

2 Likes

Thank you. Per their FAQs student you fulfill the requirements for a transfer path will receive and offer of admission!

Link: Transfer Pathway Frequently Asked Questions | Undergraduate Admission (gatech.edu)

2 Likes

DS from California accepted for Civil Engineering! So shocked and grateful.

2 Likes