Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech

@DadOfBoys3 Time for y’all to learn about “Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate”, “Ramblin’ Wreck from Georgia Tech” “To [H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS] with Georgia”, “Up With the White and Gold”, “Down with the Red and Black

~ says a UGA grad, GTech legacy (rivalry games were fun in our family!)

3 Likes

In our neck of the woods we think 15-20 is normal :-). It is expensive to visit and prefilter. Cheaper to apply, get in, and then go and visit. And anyway there are that many schools to consider seriously — everything that you’d pick over your state flag ship.

1 Like

That’s maybe what “we” did… over applied to about 8… and we’ll go visit top couple.

1 Like

Feel same here…first time, can’t always predict outcomes so cast a wide net and see what sticks. Admission results appear erratic at best!

Decisions are much clearer when you know the results and presented with final choices. But you just don’t know what will unfold so best to create good options.

I can’t tell you how many times I hear “I’m not going to get (fill in blank) in, selected, picked, whatever. Or “that won’t happen…to me” etc. But the only thing for certain is a “no” if you don’t try. You just never know. Odds against DS to get into engineering at UT Austin OOS but he did. Thought Purdue was a safety and would get merit aid. Got in, zero scholarship and no it is NOT a safety school for engineering! Got into VT but thought he would get into honors and good merit but nope. Thought he’d get rejected from GT but deferred (may turn right here since a pre deny!). Thought next to no chance of getting full-ride scholarships but was selected by four schools as a semi-finalist/finalist and received one thus far. Very shocked and humbled! Moral of the story…you just don’t know what will happen so at least try to create those possibilities.

It’s been an absolute roller coaster and the college thought to be “the one” keeps changing as all this unfolds. It’s still not over and it already seems clearer what we “should” have done but we didn’t know then what we know now.

Create options and enjoy the ride.
In the end, it’s all relative and Hindsight’s 20/20!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.