GeorgiaTech Class of 2026 Waitlist

No.

R u guys in state or out of state? Itā€™s only for in state students.

1 Like

Out of State

True. I also feel like itā€™s merely possible to get into other transfer programs :(((

Anyone can transfer into Georgia Tech. They do however have several pathways that make it easier. For general transfers, fall is the most competitive and summer is the least generally speaking. All Georgia students have the option to do the REPT pathway, which is a 2 year transfer admission process. If you fall into certain other categories (first generation, Atlanta Public Schools, Arts and Sciences (for these majors only), alumni or employee child or grandchild, etc., you get a one year transfer pathway with a 3.3 GPA requirement which makes it significantly easier if you fulfill all the requirements which they are very strict on. They donā€™t use the word guaranteed but they call it a ā€œsecure offerā€. I guess that gives them some wiggle room but really seems to be the same thing. There are kids every year who miss the GPA by .05, or sign up for a class that satisfies the requirement at their college but does not transfer to Tech - have to pay very close attention but worth it for those whose dream is GT.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information! Right now I would take whatever they offer me cuz being waitlisted is driving me crazy, to be honest.

Spoke with someone in admissions this morning. They said that they have met their class goals by May 1 deposit deadline. They expect some students, that were wait listed at other colleges, to drop out in which case they may have an update (or may close out) wait list in the next 1-2 weeks. Not great news but thats the word form their admissions team.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing, at leats we know what to expect, seems like my son will be attending UGA and it is pretty good too.

3 Likes

Do you think there gonna be one last wave before june 1st

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard of much waitlist movement if any at schools that people who deposited at GT would accept and several have closed their waitlist already. If theyā€™ve met their class goals as of almost a month ago, they are just waiting to see if anyone tells them they are not coming. Iā€™m sure they are evaluating orientation sign ups and room selections as they occur to see if there is any room in the class. UGA is also over enrolled apparently and if you did not sign up for orientation by May 25 your acceptance was canceled. Not sure if Georgia Tech has a similar cut off or not.

My guess is right now the admissions officers are trying to read the tea leaves, and will not close the waitlist officially until they are sure the class is full. Last year, it was weeks after they took the last person off the waitlist before the waitlist closed email went out. Doesnā€™t sound like thereā€™s much of a chance this year though.

1 Like

Has anyone else seen the waitlist banner disappear on their application portal page? Just checked and thereā€™s no word from admissions office about any updates regarding the waitlist

yes, wonder what that means.

Deleted

Waitlist closed rip

Just received an L

GL to you all !

Iā€™m pretty sure GT has a lot of transfer pathways for us

Same hereā€¦just received an L

But how would we get a transfer pathway after we got rejected

The Georgia Tech transfer pathways are very well defined. First generation, Atlanta public schools, arts and sciences, etc. You have to fall within one of the designated pathways to receive one. Those who are eligible for a pathway and were waitlisted should have received a pathway offer in their notification letter on the portal that the waitlist is closed, if it works like years past.