Get All Your ED Questions Answered! Exclusive ASK ME ANYTHING w/ NYU on Thu, Oct 20 5-6pm ET

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

1 Like

@Rifah_Snigdha, we typically ask that all application materials are in by the application deadline, although there’s a grace period of about a week after the application deadline when supplemental materials (transcripts, rec letters, etc) can be submitted. Any later than that, we can’t guarantee that’ll be able to use them- but we try our best to accept all documents.
Applying as an undecided major does not increase your chances of admission.
Changing your major within your college is typically pretty straightforward, but it isn’t guaranteed that you’ll be able to change your major from one college to another. You have to spend the first year in the program you were admitted to, and you would have to apply for internal transfer to another NYU college.
There is some variation in acceptance rate between the colleges, but most around the university average, which is 12%.
As far as application mistakes go- be sure to proofread everything, even the extracurricular section! People usually proofread the essays but forget the extracurricular section.

1 Like

@jamie.ljm0121, thank you for your question! We like any and all students! We are test optional this year meaning you will not be hurt if you do not choose to submit a test score such as the SAT. Good luck!

2 Likes

@Nicolas_Ollivier,thanks for being here!

1. You are only admitted to one NYU major- so you wouldn’t be choosing between various admitted majors.
  2. The most important feature of an applicant is a strong academic history. But I think another equally important feature is that the applicant has done the research to apply to the program that is a best fit for their interests!
1 Like

If everything is the same between two candidates, but one with very high SAT and the other without SAT, which one will get a higher chance to be accepted?

Thank you so much for opportunity of asking question.

Hey Y’all!

Thank you so much for allowing me to respond to your questions! The best of luck to you all!

With the warmest of regards,
Ivan

8 Likes

Thank you so much and have a great day!

@CC_Jon, Gallatin and Stern and very different colleges, with different core curriculums. Gallatin is an interdisciplinary college and Stern is a business school, and the curriculums reflect that difference. Gallatin requires students to bring various academic disciplines into conversation with one another, and consider the same theme or problem across history- you couldn’t just study CS and business on its own. Also, there is a limit on the number of courses you can take outside of Gallatin (about 3/4 of the curriculum), and there is a limit on the number of courses a Gallatin student can take at Stern (31 credits). I don’t think a student who is attempting to replicate the Stern or Tandon student experience would be happy at Gallatin.

2 Likes

Hi all, thanks for all your questions, and sorry we couldn’t get to all of them! Please feel free to email admissions@nyu.edu to ask more questions about the application process. If you want to speak to a current student about their experiences, please email admissions.ambassadors@nyu.edu. Have a great night!

8 Likes

Thank you so much and have a great evening! I found this session very informative, and it made me even more excited to apply this fall!

1 Like

Thank you so much @KennedyAdmNYU and @IvanStudentNYU for taking time to answer all these questions. You guys were amazing.

For everyone planning to apply ED to NYU let’s continue the discussion in the official NYU ED thread here: New York University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Also, make sure to join us for our next exclusive AMA w/ UChicago on Oct 27 from 1-2pm ET. You can submit your questions here: Last Minute EA/ED Insider Tips - Exclusive ASK ME ANYTHING w/ U. Chicago on Thu, Oct 27 from 1-2pm ET

4 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Hey @Pre-college and @Aryan_Nagesh1, this was answered above after I asked something similar:

1 Like

Thanks HazelEnvirons! Makes sense.