Getting a D first semester, freshman year CC

Hi! so I’m almost done with my first semester at RCC. I’ve taken 4 finals and I just checked today that I failed one of them and as a result ended up getting a 65 average (D) in my NUR 103 class. I wanted to apply to the DSON for fall 2016 but I’m so scared that they won’t accept me because of this. NUR 103 is just this calculation for drugs class that nursing students take here and I knew that even if I got an A it wouldn’t matter because it wouldn’t be accepted since I aim to transfer for my sophomore year. I’ve thought about retaking it, but I’ve already made my Spring schedule and there isn’t any room. It’s not a pre requisite to DSON but I’m so scared of it ruining my GPA. Even though it’s only been my first semester and I’m a freshman, I started off with a 2.9 upon entering because I took some RCC classes in my senior year of high school. I’m scared of this grade ruining my chances of getting into DSON. While we’re on the topic, I think I might end up with a B in A&P 1. Is any of this worth panicking about?

Hey everyone. I made a mistake. I actually got an F in NUR 103 :frowning: do you guys have any thoughts about how this would affect me transferring? I now have a 2.8 gpa but as long as I get an A in my winter class I’ll have a 2.9

To be honest, you will have hard time getting into decker with that GPA. The B in A&P isn’t great either, I would aim for at least an A minus. But try to see if you can retake the class you failed. Some places even let you replace the failing grade with the new one.

If you really want to be a nurse, I think the best thing would be to do a 2 year nursing degree at a CC. Then you can go directly into a bridge program for your BSN. This is different than transferring and it’s easier. Decker has this type of program and so do a lot of other schools. Good luck!